Pineapple upside-down pancake, was the first dish came to my mind when I looked at the heap of pineapples in the store. Sunshine brings lots of vibrant colored fruits, so it's a wise thought to grab them before everyone seizes from the store's shelves.
Who will say No to tangy pineapples? It may have pines externally, but it more delicious inside.
But need to be careful while cutting down pineapples, remove the green crown immediately from the stores, this may also save space inside the refrigerator. Then slide through the skin carefully with a sharp-edged knife.
The dotted eyes should also be removed with a carving knife, else you may end with throat irritation. Slice them evenly to make this dish.
I hope you might also like other easy and quick breakfast recipes of, French Toast, Oats Pancake.
I got this idea of making an upside-down pancake after I was successful in making an upside-down pineapple cake. This success made me try out my hands with pancakes as well.
It is needless to say this recipe also turned out successful. I made the pancake mix from scratch, but you also use store-bought ready to mix. This dish is best for preoccupied mornings.
How to make upside down pineapple pancake
1. Combine and all the ingredients except pineapple to form a flowing consistency batter. Slice the pineapple.
2. Heat the pan, and place the pineapple on it.
3. Pour the batter over the pineapple gently. Flip them once it is cooked and turned golden browned.
4. Serve them with honey or maple syrup. Serving them with milk or orange juice would bring a wholesome morning food for the children.
Other desserts you may like,
Printable recipe card
Pineapple upside down pancake
- ½ egg
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 pineapple thinly sliced
- In a mixing bowl, add egg and milk. Whisk until the eggs become frothy.
- To this, add all purpose flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Combine well to form a thick flowing consistency batter. And set aside.
- Heat a gridle over medium heat, add half a teaspoon of butter and place a pineapple ring over it.
- Pour ⅓ cup of batter over the pineapple gently. Wait till the edges become golden brown.
- Flip to the other side and cook till golden brown.
- Serve them with honey or maple syrup.
Tips and Variations:
If your children little scared about the big pineapple ring on their plate, then chop them off into a wedge like shapes. Form a pattern in assembling those wedges over the pan, and then pour the batter. This way you can make your fussy kid enjoy this recipe.
Do not miss the latest recipes and its tips, Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
wanted to try this pancakes from long time 🙂 looks super delicious and yummy dear 🙂 lovely clicks 🙂
good idea. looks great. What could I replace egg with suja?
very innovative idea suja 🙂 will try it..