We serve Pomegranate Raita as a side dish to make any meal grandeur and rich. It tastes super great with the sweet, crunchy bite of pomegranate seeds and with the hint of chili powder.
For any fruit raita recipe, I keep it as simple as possible to retain the unique flavors of the fruit. Adding spices may taste good, but it loses its individuality.
How to make a Pomegranate raita recipe? It's straightforward and healthy as well. The creamy curd/yogurt and crunchy pomegranate seeds make it super delicious. Another wow factor of this recipe is that it can be served with spicy rice dishes or spicy appetizers.
Few tips for making a Pomegranate Raita recipe:
- We make Pomegranate raita in the spicier way, as the creamy curd and pomegranate balance well in the spicier version.
- For a spicier version, we add chili powder. I want a raita with pomegranate flavor and taste. So, adding chili powder will enhance the fruit's taste. Adding other spices like cumin powder, black salt, and black pepper powder would be overpowering and kill the fruit's unique flavor. So, I keep myself avoiding too many spices.
- Now, let's talk about how it has to be made. The basic ingredient is curd. Both homemade curd and store-bought curd are good to add. The only criterion for the curd is not to be too sour.
- Freshly made pomegranate raita is always tastes good. So make it just before serving food. If you plan to make it for parties, deseed the pomegranate in advance and refrigerate it in airtight containers. Combine with curd, chili powder, and salt before serving.
- Adding too much fruit can be healthy, but make it proportionate to the quantity of curd to make it delicious.
- Pomegranate raita, we make it as a side dish for spicy rice varieties like Veg Biryani and tomato rice.
- If you plan to make a sweeter version of this recipe, add sugar and serve instead of chili powder.
- Add roasted cumin powder, chaat masala, and black salt if you prefer more flavors.
Other condiments you may like,
- Indian lemon pickle
- Indian yogurt sauce
- Sriracha aioli sauce
- Spicy mango sauce
- Banana pepper sauce
- Spicy condiments
Printable recipe card
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¾ cup plain yogurt /Curd
- ½ teaspoon salt approximately
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- In a serving bowl, combine all the ingredients gently.
- For garnishing, a pinch of red chili powder on the top.
- Serve Pomegranate Raita immediately