This sauteed bok choy chicken recipe is straightforward and made with minimal ingredients. But a flavorful dish, perfect for lunch or dinner, can also be served as an appetizer dish.
Do your local stores carry Bok choy on their shelves? then definitely, you should try this simple baby bok choy recipe.
Bok Choy is an Asian green leafy vegetable, which can be found in the produce section in your grocery store. I do not see them very often here, but I grab them immediately when it has one.
I prefer them because they have a unique flavor that can bring the Chinese flavor to the dishes without any extra effort, the same as here in this sauteed bok choy recipe. If you plan to make something spicy, this hot and spicy Chinese chicken would be the perfect choice.
Bok choy is available in many sizes; I have used baby bok choy. However, the larger one is equally delicious. You may use breast, thigh, or tenderloins for making this bok choy chicken.
How to clean Bok Choy
- We have one step extra for cleaning Bok Choy. Sprinkle salt on every floret of bok choy. Try adding to each leaf, too. Leave it for half an hour to one hour. Then, wash it well in the running water. Rinse them around 3 times to remove all the excess sprinkle salt. Drain them and keep them ready for cooking.
- The cooking method and process of this sauteed bok choy is straightforward. We will saute just garlic, chicken, and soy sauce and add the green.
Sauteed Bok choy recipe variations
- Along with soy sauce, try adding your favorite spices to customize your choice.
- You can also use mushrooms, paneer, and potatoes instead of chicken for the variations.
- If the chicken you use comes with bones, add extra cooking time.
- Make vegan bok choy by replacing the chicken with tofu.
- Toss noodles finally and serve as bok choy noodle salad.
- Tilapia works well with bok choy. Use despite chicken and make Tilapia boy Choy.
Serve this sauteed bok choy chicken with rice, noodles, or other Chinese main course. It can also be served as an appetizer, along with sauces. Furthermore, the following is too extraordinary to pair with.
- Egg fried rice
- Bok choy fried rice
- Instant pot sushi rice
- Spicy Szechuan fried rice
- Spicy Szechuan noodles
- Spicy ramen noodles
How to Make Sauteed Bok Choy with Chicken Recipe:
Prepping. Chop garlic finely.
Cleaning. Clean bok choy by generously sprinkling salt all over it. Rest them up for half an hour. Then rinse for 3 times to remove dirt and excess salt. Drain well. Once it drained completely, shred them and keep them ready for cooking
Cooking. Heat oil in the pan, add chopped garlic. Saute for a minute until it changes its color slightly.
Add ¼th cup of water and bring it to a boil. Then, add chopped chicken pieces, soy sauce, and salt. In medium flame, cook it by covering it.
Stir occasionally to avoid the dish sticking to the bottom of the pan. Once the water completely evaporates and the chicken gets cooked at 95%, Add shredded bok choy to the pan and continue to cook until bok choy becomes tender.
Lower the flame to low heat and cook the chicken further for 3-4 minutes until the chicken absorbs the flavor of the bok choy.
Printable recipe card
Sauteed Bok Choy chicken Recipe
- Chop garlic finely.
- Clean bok choy by generously sprinkling salt all over it. Rest them up for half an hour. Then rinse for 3 times to removes dirt, excess salt. Drain well. Once it drained completely shred them and keep it ready for cooking
- Over medium heat place the pan.
- Add oil and chopped garlic. Saute for a minute until it is aromatic.
- Add ¼th cup of water and bring it to boil. Then add chopped chicken cubes, soy sauce. Cover it with lid and cook.
- Stir occasionally to avoid the dish stick on to the bottom of the pan. Once the water completely evaporates and the chicken gets cooked 95%, Add bok choy to the pan, and continue to cook until bok choy becomes tender.
- Lower the flame to low heat and cook the chicken further for 3-4 minutes until the chicken absorbs the flavor of the bok choy.
- And serve hot.