Schezwan fried rice is an easy and perfect Chinese dish for lunch or dinner with minimal ingredients. Now, you can bring home your favorite Chinese restaurant quickly.
This spicy Schezwan fried rice is one of our favorite rice that we order from our Chinese restaurants as they are spicy to meet our Indian taste buds. Like Szechuan noodles, this rice is also one of the most essential dishes I frequently make at home when we go for Chinese menus.
This recipe is significantly easier to make; all you need is the Schezwan sauce. there are tons of readymade brands available in the market. You can store the leftovers in refrigeration for later use.
Or you may also use this homemade Szechuan sauce. Making this sauce at home requires a few ingredients you may have in your kitchen already.
I always try to share more effortless recipes; this fried rice is one of a kind. To put the process in a more straightforward and single line, saute garlic and vegetables and add rice and sauce. Mix and serve. And how easy is this right?
Hibachi Soup would be the best recipe to be paired up with.
- You may use your favorite rice for making this Schezwan fried rice. My personal choices are Basmati rice, Jasmine rice, sticky or Sushi rice, etc.,
- The choice of vegetables can be, cabbage, carrots, mushroom, string beans, green peas, etc.,
- You may use ready-made or homemade Szechuan sauce.
- To make perfect fried rice, refrigerate the rice for about 2-3 hours before making fried rice. The better and easier option would be to cook the rice and chill it in the previous day. Which also cuts down half of the processing time in a day.
- The vegetable should not be cooked thoroughly; it has to be sauteed in high heat, to make it crisp.
In contrast to this spicy rice variety, you may also try Kashmiri Pulao if you are searching for other exotic recipes for lunch.
How to make Schezwan Fried Rice:
In a pan add cooking oil, followed by a 2 tablespoon of chopped garlic. Add all the thinly sliced vegetables, flash fry them in high flame. Stir it continuously.
Saute for a couple of minutes or until the vegetables slightly changes its color.
Add Szechuan sauce and cooked rice. Stir them gently until sauce, vegetables, and rice combine well with each other.
Serve hot with ketchup, soy sauce or Szechuan chicken.
Other rice recipes you may like,
Printable recipe card
Schezwan fried rice
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon garlic minced
- ¼ cup cabbage julienne cut/ thinly sliced
- ¼ cup carrot julienne-cut/ thinly sliced
- ¼ cup mushroom julienne-cut/ thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoon Szechuan sauce or as required
- 2 cups rice cooked
- ¼ cup scallion thinly sliced
- In a pan add vegetable oil, followed by a 2 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- Add all the thinly sliced cabbage, carrot, and mushroom.
- Flash fry them in high flame, by stirring it continuously.
- Saute for a couple of minutes or until the vegetables slightly changes its color.
- Add szechuan sauce and cooked rice.
- Stir them gently until the sauce, vegetables, and rice combine well with each other.
- Garnish with scallion and serve hot with ketchup or soy sauce.