Green chili strawberry salad recipe has to be tried when these cute looking pink strawberries are in season. These fruits taste yummy when we consume as it is, but can you imagine the flavor it brings when the hint of lemon juice and green chilies Throw?
I always wonder the natural holders that these berries have, the leaves. Enjoy eating it by holding its leaves as holders, is something amazing. Which is not found in any of the other fruits. The berries from the stores are delicious, but in sometimes they are bland and needs some extra flavors to be added in. So this is one of the main reason for making this green chili strawberry salad today.
The berries which I have brought today are bland and needs lots of citric acids to be added in. So, I squeezed half a lemon. But you adjust according to the taste you need in. To control the spice level in this green chili strawberry salad, deseed them before adding to this Strawberry Salad Recipe.
You may substitute Serrano peppers for the green chili in this recipe. Jalapeno is also one great substitute to the chilies.
How does this strawberry salad taste?
Strawberry salad test like the pickle because of the lemon juice added to it. This salad has bright sour taste. This Strawberry Salad Recipe is best suited to serve as a side salad for grilled chicken or grilled salmon. It is also great to sub with the appetizers like tortilla chips.
How long can be stored?
This strawberry salad is meant to serve immediately. However, you may transfer the leftovers to an airtight container and refrigerate. This way is good to eat within two days.
When you are serving this strawberry salad for the party, you made chop the fruit. And refrigerate it in the sealed container 2-3 hours before serving. Combine salt and lime juice just before setting the dining table.
- You may add chicken to make wholesome healthy dinner. Strawberry salad with chicken is a great healthy food for meat lovers.
- Strawberry salad with feta cheese also tastes delicious. This creamy version it is a great appetizer for the crowd.
- Have pretzel crust handy at home? throw them into the salad. The taste of the strawberries beautifully blends with pretzel crust. And both these ingredients delightfully balance each other.
- Thinking of making a satisfying dinner for the kids? add ramen noodles to the salad. My son likes this the most and guessing your children would also like this combination.
- Balsamic vinaigrette and poppy seed dressing are the most famous dressings for Strawberry Salad Recipe.
- Try adding other fresh vegetables like grated carrots, cabbage, etc.
- Try adding other fresh berries like black and blueberries to give it a dramatic look.
How to make green chili strawberry salad
Wash and clean strawberries and chili in running water to remove any impurities sticking on to the skin. Juice from a half lemon is sufficient to give the tanginess for the salad. Adjust lemon juice according to your choice. Cut lemon in half.
For this green chili strawberry salad, chop berries into small bite-size pieces. Cut chili into small pieces. Remove the seeds, if it is too hot for you to bear.
In a mixing bowl, add chopped berries, chilies. Squeeze lemon juice, and finally, add salt. Give them a gentle mix, to make the lemon juice and salt coats fruit well.
Serve immediately with your choice of chips, taco, nachos, or as a side dish for dinner.
Green chili strawberry salad
- 1 cup strawberry fresh
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp green chili or serrono pepper /minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Cut strawberries into small size chunks. Mince serrano pepper..
- In a mixing bowl, add strawberry, green chili, lemon, and add salt.
- Gently mix and make sure the strawberry is evenly coated with lemon juice and salt.
- Serve immediately.
- Serve along with appetizers or as the side dish for the dinner recipes.
- Serve immediately to retain all the nutrients of the ingredients.
- Want to store for future uses? Store in airtight containers and refrigerate it immediately.