The green chili strawberry salad recipe has to be tried when these cute-looking pink strawberries are in season. These fruits taste yummy when consumed, but can you imagine the flavor they bring when the hint of lemon juice and green chilies are thrown in?
I always wonder about these berries' natural holders, the leaves. Enjoy eating it by holding its leaves as holders; it is something unique, not found in any other fruits.
The berries from the stores are delicious, but sometimes they are bland and need some extra flavors to be added in. So, this is one of the main reasons for making this green chili strawberry salad today.
The berries I brought today are bland and need lots of citric acids to be added in. So, I squeezed half a lemon. But you adjust according to the taste you need. To control the spice level in this green chili strawberry salad, deseed them before adding to this Strawberry Salad Recipe.
You may substitute Serrano peppers for the green chili in this recipe. Jalapeno is also one great substitute for chilies.
How does this strawberry salad taste?
The strawberry salad tasted like a pickle because of the added lemon juice. This salad has a bright, sour taste. This Strawberry Salad Recipe is best suited to serve as a side salad for grilled chicken or salmon. It is also great to sub with the appetizers like tortilla chips.
How long can it be stored?
This strawberry salad is meant to be served immediately. However, you may transfer the leftovers to an airtight container and refrigerate. This way, it is good to eat within two days.
You chop the fruit When you serve this strawberry salad for the party. Refrigerate it in the sealed container for 2-3 hours before serving. Combine salt and lime juice just before setting the dining table.
- You may add chicken to make a wholesome, healthy dinner. Strawberry salad with chicken is a delicious food for meat lovers.
- Strawberry salad with feta cheese also tastes delicious. This creamy version is an excellent appetizer for the crowd.
- Have pretzel crust handy at home? throw them into the salad. The taste of the strawberries beautifully blends with a pretzel crust. And both these ingredients delightfully balance each other.
- Thinking of making a satisfying dinner for the kids? add ramen noodles to the salad. My son likes this the most and I'm guessing your children would also like this combination.
- Balsamic vinaigrette and poppy seed dressing are the most famous dressings for Strawberry Salad Recipe.
- Try adding other fresh vegetables like grated carrots, cabbage, etc.
- Add fresh berries like black and blueberries to give it a dramatic look.
How to make green chili strawberry salad
Wash and clean strawberries and chili in running water to remove any impurities sticking to the skin.
Juice from a half lemon is sufficient to give the tanginess to the salad. Adjust lemon juice according to your choice. Cut the lemon in half.
For this green chili strawberry salad, chop berries into small bite-size pieces. Cut the chili into small pieces. Remove the seeds, if it is too hot for you to bear.
In a mixing bowl, add chopped berries and chilies. Squeeze lemon juice, and finally, add salt. Give them a gentle mix, to make the lemon juice and salt coat the fruit well.
Serve immediately with your choice of chips, tacos, nachos, or as a side dish for dinner.
Printable recipe card
Green chili strawberry salad
- 1 cup strawberry fresh
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon green chili or serrono pepper /minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cut strawberries into small size chunks. Mince serrano pepper..
- In a mixing bowl, add strawberry, green chili, lemon, and add salt.
- Gently mix and make sure the strawberry is evenly coated with lemon juice and salt.
- Serve immediately.
- Serve along with appetizers or as a side dish for the dinner recipes.
- Serve immediately to retain all the nutrients of the ingredients.
- Want to store it for future uses? Store in airtight containers and refrigerate it immediately.