Roasted red pepper tomato soup made with Instant Pot is super convenient, simple, healthy, and a comforting soup for the family. This easy homemade soup is dairy-free, paleo, whole 30, keto with oven-roasted tomato, onion, and garlic.
Perfect to serve for lunches or weeknight dinners. This is a lazy man's Instant Pot recipe for the tasty roasted red pepper tomato soup.
This tomato soup with roasted red pepper recipe is a spiced version of our kid's favorite soup. We tried this soup first at our favorite restaurant. We fall in love with this soup with the tanginess from the tomato, and the rich flavors from the roasted red peppers-makes this soup a delight.
Moreover, this was one of the first few restaurant-style recipes which I learned to recreate in vegan style. Surprisingly, this was a big success, giving me the confidence to try out more copycat dishes(jalapeno artichoke dip, spicy alfredo sauce, cedar grilled lemon chicken) at home.
After our tiresome New York day trip, I do not want to spend time in the kitchen. All we wanted to have was a mild, soothing soup. I also want to speed up the cooking process time.
This skinny roasted red pepper tomato soup is made with onion, garlic, red peppers, and no other fancy pantry items. It's so quick to make with only four ingredients. Is it not a pleasant surprise?
So, if you feel like having soup and do not want to search for the ingredients, this soup is the best choice. This roasted red pepper tomato soup is a comforting dish I can have with my family on pleasant, cloudy days.
Today's roasted red pepper tomato soup is more convenient and efficient. Thanks to the instant pot for its simplicity.
If you want to make something unique and have more time with the recipe, add more vegetables to this delicious soup.
I did not add anything other than minced cilantro for the flavor. The olive oil we added while roasting the vegetables gives the tomato soup a whole round of taste with roasted red peppers. It is a pleasing contrast to the tangy tomatoes. But does complement the soup well.
This is the basic recipe for tomato soup, but it is indeed flexible. Along with red peppers, you may add sweet potato, eggplant, or other vegetables while roasting. Every addition of each vegetable brings a new flavor and taste to the recipe.
So keep experimenting with them, and discover pleasant surprises. Just roast the vegetables before throwing them into the instant pot.
If you're looking for wholesome dinner soup, try this vegetable tortellini soup. Or if you are searching for hot and sour soup, try this Hibachi soup, which is also vegan.
Instant pot reduces the cooking time to half. And to our pleasant surprise, we are making roasted red pepper tomato soup without messing the kitchen. And you don't need to roam in the kitchen to keep an eye on the cooking range.
The instant pot does those things for you. After throwing all the vegetables in the instant pot, you can forget about it. It can open whenever you need it. To the pleasant surprise, it will be kept warm until we use it.
It tastes fabulous when served with dishes like Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms.
The ingredients for roasted red pepper tomato soup
Tomatoes: I feel plum and cherry tomatoes are right to make this soup. They have a subtle flavor and taste great for the soup. Roma tomatoes make the soup sour, and you need to compliment it with red peppers or jalapenos.
Onion: Yellow and sweet onion is good for the soup.
Red pepper. Red peppers bring intense peppery flavors and a fruity taste that compliments the tomato and onion's natural flavors.
Vegetable broth. Gives the body to the soup. You may also substitute with chicken, beef broth, or water.
How to make roasted red pepper tomato soup?
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Firstly, slice tomato, onion, and red pepper. Secondly, peel and crush the garlic slightly. Arrange these on a baking tray.
Then drizzle olive oil over the vegetables. Bake it in the oven for 30 minutes or until the tomatoes shrink by 30-40%.
Add these roasted vegetables to the Instant Pot.
Then add 2 cups of vegetable broth and one cup of water. Close the lid and set the timer manually for 10 minutes.
Allow the pot to release the pressure by waiting for 15 minutes. Then, blend it to a smooth and silky consistency using the hand blender.
Add salt and crushed black pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle minced cilantro and croutons on the top and serve Vegan roasted tomato soup hot.
- You may add fresh basil leaves at the time of a serving. This adds a new flavor, making it like Italian-style roasted tomato soup.
- Add pepper verities like jalapeno, serrano, or habanero while roasting tomatoes and onion. This gives you beautiful, rich flavors and adds heat to the soup.
- You may add vegetables like carrots, pumpkin, butternut squash, roasted tomato, and onions.
- If you are not too sensitive to the spices, add roasted cumin powder before serving. Try adding a smaller quantity of cumin powder, taste, and adjust accordingly.
- Add roasted deseeded jalapeno. And make Mexican-style soup effortlessly.
- Tomato soup from tomato paste
- Indian vegetable soup
- Spicy ramen noodles recipe
- Spicy tortellini soup
- Soup recipes
Printable recipe card
Roasted red pepper tomato soup
- 2 cups tomato sliced
- 1 cup onion sliced
- 1 red pepper medium size, sliced
- 4 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- ½ tsp salt or as required
- ½ tsp whole black pepper crushed
- 1 teaspoon cilantro minced
- ¼ cup croutons for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange the sliced tomato, onion, red pepper, and garlic in a baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables.
- Bake them for 20 minutes.
- Add these to the Instant pot container, along with vegetable stock and water.
- Set the Instant pot timer for 10 minutes.
- Allow it to cool down. Once the pressure is released, blend it to the silky consistency.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Sprinkle salt and crushed black pepper, garnish with minced cilantro and croutons.
- And enjoy hot.