Watermelon lemon juice aka Watermelon Lemonade, super simple, great for parties and large gatherings. Very healthy and refreshing drink, made with fresh watermelon and lemon. Switch from artificial store-bought drinks to this all natural energizing drink.
Watermelon Lemon juice is an all-time favorite of mine. My son always prefers to sit with a can of soda for the meals. So, It is mommy’s job to find the ways to distract the children from unhealthy habits. Getting the children to the healthier track is not that easy in this fast food world. These are my tiny steps towards healthy habits.
I have used fresh watermelon and lemon for making this drink. Fresh fruit juices taste ultimately refreshing, like this fresh pineapple juice and kiwi milkshake. And store-bought artificially flavored juices can never come close to these.
The watermelon which I bought was sweet enough that it does not require any form of extra sugar. But If you wish you may sugar as per your requirement.
The hint of basil leaf’s flavor makes everyone to love this watermelon lemon juice. I bet your guest would shower you with appreciations.
Watermelon Lemon Juice
- 6 Cups Watermelon Cubes
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Basil Leaves
- 3 Cups Crushed Ice
- 4 Cups Water
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- In a blender add Watermelon cubes and blend it until it becomes smooth. Strain if necessary.
- In a large container, add watermelon puree, lemon juice, sugar, crushed ice, basil leaves and water. Give it a gentle mix until sugar dissolves completely.
- Transfer it to tall serving glasses. Garnish with watermelon or lemon slices if needed. Serve watermelon lemon juice immediately.
Serving Suggestions for Watermelon Lemon Juice:
- Basil leaves can be substituted with mint. Both have extremely different and exciting flavors, I like both versions.
- This drink tastes great when it is served immediately. So, keep this as the last preparation before your guest arrives.
- Substitute soda or alcohol if preferred.
You may also like these recipes: