Hyderabadi Bagara Rice
Bagara Rice is from famous Hyderabadi Cuisine, very flavorful and tastes delicious. Made with basmati rice and fried onion. This recipe is quick and easy made under 30 minutes.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 3 people
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice
- 2 Cups Onion Thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup Cashews
- 2 tsp Shahi Jeera
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 4 Cloves
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 4 stalks Mint Leaves
- 2 Serrano peppers or Green Chilies
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 4 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 cup Oil for frying onions slices
- 1½ tsp Salt or as required
- 2 Cups Water
Clean and wash basmati rice. Soak the rice for 15-20 min.
Thinly slice onion.
In a nonstick pan, add oil and onions slices.
Fry them till they become crisp and golden brown.
Then fry cashews. And keep aside.
Drain the used oil.
In the same pan, add both oil and butter.
Then add shahi jeera, cinnamon, cloves, black cardamom, Serrano peppers.
Fry till these ingredients become golden brown.
Add mint leaves and continue to saute for few more seconds.
Now add 2 cups of water along with salt.
Once the water started boiling add rice. Allow the rice to get cooked for 5-7 min.
Once the rice 3/4th done, add fried onions and cashews. Cover an airtight lid.
And in simmer flame allow it to cook for 10 minutes.
Remove the lid and serve.
- First, while frying onions, make sure it should not get burnt. There is a thin line between crispy onions and burnt onions. So be careful in this part.
- Second, getting a perfectly cooked basmati rice, though it depends on the quality of the rice most of the time.
Calories: 678kcal | Carbohydrates: 83g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 1221mg | Potassium: 511mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 230IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 3.8mg