Easy Indian Capsicum Rice Recipe-Green Pepper Rice
Capsicum Rice or bell Pepper Rice is best one pot meal that can be made in minutes. It has been referred by many names, green peppers / bell peppers.They have the property of enhancing the aroma of any dish.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 2 people
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil / optional
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 2 tsp Peanuts roasted
- 1/4 cup Onion chopped
- 8 Leave Curry Leaves
- 6 Cashew broken
- 1 tbsp Garlic minced
- 1 cup Capsicum /bell pepper/roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp salt or as required
In a pan in the medium flame, add the cooking oil, fennel seed, peanuts.
Allow them to fry until they turn golden brown.
Then add onion and curry leaves. And fry for until onion turns pick and soft.
Then throw garlic and capsicum. Saute until the capsicum becomes soft.
Add a pinch of turmeric powder and cook it further for another 1 min.
Remove it from the flame and let it cool for some time.
Mix this prepared capsicum mixture with steamed / cooked rice gently.
- Boiled eggs and Pan Fried Potatoes are the best combos with this Indian green pepper Rice.
- Onion, capsicum, garlic should not get burnt, as it will add bitterness to the rice.
- Let the cooked rice to cool for 5 min, before mixing it with the cooked capsicum mixture. Otherwise, the capsicum rice will become stickier.
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 588mg | Potassium: 253mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2635IU | Vitamin C: 257.9mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1.1mg