Spicy Chinese green beans made with chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame seeds. It looks gorgeously with sprinkled sesame seeds.
Soft and tender green beans are made like in the restaurant. Perfect for any large crowd or any special meals.
Spicy Chinese green bean: I make this special spicy dish whenever I plan for a barbecue or grilling dinner. Not to mention, I am welcomed by my family every time I make it.
Chinese spicy green bean is the easiest dish you could make, which takes approximately 15 minutes from start to finish. So, no need to plan for making. There are no time-consuming jobs involved in this recipe.
Just chop off the tails, cook the beans, and toss them. That's it; you only need ingredients like chili paste, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame seeds.
Chinese green bean is healthy as well. You get all the benefits of green beans and sesame seeds are a good source of calcium too.
Try serving with hot Chinese chicken to make a wholesome dinner.
Pro tips for Chinese spicy green bean
- Select fresh green beans. Fresh vegetables always taste great and healthy, too.
- Chop off the head. I used to remove both the head and tail. My mom does it, and I'm following her.
- Though sesame seeds are optional here in this recipe, I would suggest they are added as they are excellent for appealing to the eyes, add crunchiness while eating, and are also an excellent source of calcium.
- To make for a large crowd, cook and refrigerate green beans. Toss it a few hours before you serve.
- I suggest you use rice vinegar, which is more flavorful and brings out a great taste.
- The cooking time for the green bean depends on how crisp you want. I wanted my green beans to be perfectly cooked, and it needed 4 minutes to make Chinese green beans.
Other recipes you may like,
- Spicy Szechuan noodles
- Spicy teriyaki sauce
- Spicy garlic edamame
- Pan-fried wontons
- Instant pot sushi rice
Printable recipe card
Spicy Chinese green beans
- Wash and clean green beans
- In a large pan, bring water to rolling boil.
- Add green beans and cook it for about 4-6 minutes or until is crisp and cooked. Check in between.
- Once it cooked perfectly, transfer to cold water. Drain it, and pat dry.
- Heat a pan. Add a teaspoon of cooking oil in low heat.
- Add sesame seeds and fry it crackles. Then add soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili garlic sauce, and green beans.
- Fry until everything coats green beans evenly.
- Serve hot.