One pot skinny cream of mushroom pasta sauce seasoned with crushed peppercorn and cilantro, made made in less than 20 minutes. The pasta sauce is so tasty and so flavorful and not only that it can be customized to your individual preference. At the same time but you can control the spice level.
And not only that it does taste really good and nutritious. And also with exotic flavor, which made possible with the garlic and the cilantro.
For last few years we started making pasta for the dinner a lot, as it is simple to make and gives a full feeling as well. Secondly, it is economical and thirdly it is a time saver.
This cream of mushroom pasta sauce is the skinny version of regular cream of mushroom recipe.
Since I’ve made it for myself I went through the skinny choice but add Parmesan cheese if you desire.
A quick video for making Cream of mushroom pasta sauce:
Though the recipe seems to look simple with few ingredients, it tastes excellent and it also perfect for large crowd also.
Cream of mushroom pasta sauce notes and variations:
- This cream of mushroom pasta sauce has a great creamy texture and taste because of the milk added. You may also substitute regular milk with coconut milk which makes the dish taste entirely different and and takes you to the other cuisine.
- I have added low-fat milk, also made with whole wheat pasta to make it the skinnier and still nutritious. You can make any pasta recipe healthy by the ingredient you choose.
- To make this creamy mushroom pasta vegan, substitute milk with almond milk or soy milk or rice milk or cashew milk. Each of these milk has got its own taste and flavor, so keep trying out these various choices.
- If you worry about the the two tablespoons of flour added to the recipe you may substitute cornstarch or tapioca flour, but as I said told you you earlier the texture of the sauce slightly varies from the all-purpose flour’s creaminess.
- You can also make the same cream of mushroom pasta sauce for any other pasta varieties like fettuccine, bow and tie etc.
How to make cream of mushroom pasta sauce:
Step 1. In a pan add 2 tablespoon of olive oil, sliced mushroom, minced garlic and saute for a while in medium flame. Saute till mushroom leaves out water and get cooked completely.
Step 2. Then add 2 tablespoon of all purpose flour, saute again till four gets crumbles and changes its color. Now add a cup of milk slowly by adding little at a time. Note: you may substitute all purpose flour with corn starch or tapioca starch. And you may substitute milk with almond or soy milk.
Step 3. When the sauce thickens and turn creamy in texture. Cream of mushroom pasta sauce ready. Add pasta and salt. Cook until the sauce gets coated well with pasta.
Step 4. Add crushed peppercorn and chopped cilantro. Give a gentle stir and serve hot.
skinny cream of mushroom pasta sauce
Cream of mushroom pasta sauce-a great week night meals for families. Made in one pot with milk, olive oil, pepper and cilantro under 20 minutes. This pasta sauce is tasty and flavorful. And that it can be customized to your individual preference.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced mushroom
- 1 cup cooked pasta
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt or as required
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp crushed peppercorn or as required
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
In a pan add olive oil, sliced mushroom and minced garlic.
Saute until mushroom gets cooked well.
Add all purpose flour.
Saute until flour crumbles and changes it color.
Add milk slowly by stirring continously.
Cook until the sauce thickens.
Add cooked pasta and cook it further for 2 minutes.
Add crushed peppercorn and chopped cilantro.
- Store the leftovers in refrigerator for upto 3-4 days. When reusing it heat in gently in microwave.
- If possible, store the sauce and pasta separately, which would be perfect when reheating it.
Substitutions for make cream of mushroom pasta sauce vegan:
Opt for almond milk or soy milk or rice milk or coconut milk for regular milk.
Substitutions for making this recipe richer:
Choose butter instead of olive oil.
Choose whole milk or half and half for non fat milk.
You may also add half a cup of light cream and a half a cup of whole milk.
Add grated parmesan cheese or mozzerelle cheese before serving.