Cranberry Salsa, Super simple to make. It is very tangy yet very tasty and fresh.
Why do you wait for thanksgiving dinner to make this easy Cranberry Salsa? try them all the time, whenever fresh cranberries are available to in the market. Cranberry Salsa with corn and Fresh Basil is a unique recipe, perfect on your table.
I do not know why my hands always pick fresh cranberries? may be because of its rare availability or may be because of its sharp tingling taste or may be the factor it substitutes pickles in my plate.
Whatever may be the reason, the hardcore truth is, I adore this cute looking bouncing balls. It is a blend where two different ingredients meet with their extreme taste. Cranberries have sharp sour taste, where corn tastes creamy.
Cranberries are available in the market for the very limited period in the year. It is always a good practice to consume seasonal fruits and vegetables rather than going in for frozen or dried verities.
Wish to make this salsa to be spicier, add chopped jalapenos / green chilies or even crushed pepper could also do the wonders.
How to make cranberry salsa
1.Wash and clean cranberries and corn kernels.
2. Using food processor chop coarsely the cranberries or using knife chop cranberries into four or chop them down further into smaller pieces. Corn kernels need not be chopped, as they taste heaven along with chopped cranberries. In a bowl, add chopped cranberries, corn kernels, and salt. Mixing them well, finally, garnish them with chopped fresh basil leaves.
Serve as an appetizer along with some crisps or serve them as a side salad.
- 1 cup cranberry fresh
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 tsp basil leaves fresh & chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt or as required
- Using food processor chop coarsely the cranberries or using knife chop cranberries into four or chop them down further into smaller pieces.
- In a bowl, add chopped cranberries, corn kernels, and salt.
- Mixing them well, finally, garnish them with chopped fresh basil leaves.
Tips and Variations Cranberry Salsa:
Stiff and hard fresh cranberries are good for making salsa and discard soggy fruits.
You can also add finely chopped cucumber, tomato, onion to make this salsa.Do not forget to look into other interesting recipes like Baby Carrot Salad.