Mushroom pepper fry recipe made with fresh button mushrooms, green peppers, crushed black pepper. A spicy side dish perfect for easy weeknight dinners. This a vegan, spicy mushroom made in Indian style.
Ultimate one pan mushroom pepper fry that leaves you with soft done spicy mushrooms. And try them all within the cooking time off 30 minutes.
Mushroom pepper fry recipe made with fresh button mushrooms, green peppers, crushed black pepper. A spicy side dish perfect for easy weeknight dinners in Indian style. Ultimate one pan mushroom pepper fry is a perfect weeknight side dish that you can make with less than 30 minutes.
The great thing about this ultimatum mushroom pepper fry recipes that the whole side dishes really made in one pan without much preparation time.
In addition to that, this spicy mushroom pepper fry can be served with any main course like naan bread, roti, filling for sandwiches and also a perfect side dish for rice.
You can adding more spices or your choices of vegetables as you would like. we would like playing with more vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes or eggplants along with mushroom.
Looking for more one pan fried side recipes? there are favorites around here and these are just a few of them.
Lime chicken recipe
Garlic pepper shirmp
Jeera Aloo recipe(Cumin Potatoes)
Cabbage Manchurian recipe
Some quick tips for mushroom fry recipe:
- Adding one more tomato if you want to have thicker gravy side dish or cut down the tomato from the ingredient list to make it a dry version.
- Seasoning: I have added added red chili flakes. But crushed roasted red pepper flakes would brings out more aromatic and tasty dish.
- Garnish: I have added the salad Tomatoes just for decoration and garnishing purposes only. And you may skip it if you don't need to. I thought of garnishing it with tomato halves because the mushroom pepper fry is not an appealing side dish to the eyes. The dish may looks black in color but it does tastes awesome. Just to make the dish pop out I have added coriander leaves and tomatoes halves.
- Spice Level: If you want to reduce the spice level, add a blob of butter. This gives another dimension to the recipe which makes it rich and creamy.
How to make Vegan Mushroom Pepper Fry:
In a pan, add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, followed by minced garlic.
Then add half cup sliced onions and saute until it becomes translucent.
Then add half cup tomato slices and saute for a minute.
Add one cup sliced green pepper and three cups of sliced mushroom.
Add salt and combine all the vegetables well. Close the lid and cook it for 15 minutes or until the all the vegetables gets cooked and when no water is seen on the pan.
Add crushed black pepper and chili flakes. Remove it from the flame.
Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
You may like other spicy stir-fries like,
Mushroom pepper fry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 cup onion sliced
- ½ cup tomato sliced
- 1 cup cup green bell pepper sliced
- 3 cup mushroom sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt or as required
- 1 tablespoon whole black pepper crushed
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoon cilantro
- In a pan, add vegetable oil and minced garlic. Saute for a minute.
- Then add onions. Saute until it becomes soft and translucent.
- Add sliced tomato and fry for a minute.
- Add sliced green bell pepper, mushroom, and salt. And combine all the vegetables well.
- Close the lid and cook it for about 15 minutes or until the all the vegetables are done and when no water is visible on the pan.
- Add crushed black pepper and red chili flakes.
- Garnish it with chopped cilantro. And Serve Hot.