These Potato Wedges can be served as appetizers or as the side dish for anything roti, rice etc., this is my favorite because of its slight Chettinad twist.
When I was a kid, My mom, to keep me away from potatoes says, I will look like a potato if I grew up. But who bothers? I was grown up having a large percentage of potato as my food. Am I looking like a potato now? may be slight..huh..sigh!! Nothing gets into my mind, potatoes and I are inseparable.
This recipe, have the crispy, spicy, crunchy outside and soft and moist inside. I think everybody would love with the flavors of pepper, cumin, and garlic. I made these as a side dish for the rice. But it can be served as a snack or appetizer along with sauces.
You may also look into other potato recipes like Aloo Jeera (Cumin Potato) if you are searching more potato recipes.
Potato Wedges Fry
- 4 Potatoes
- 3-4 tsp Cooking Oil
- 10 Curry Leaves
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Black Peppercorns
- Keep all the masala ingredients(from the table) ready.
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise and blanch(cooking in boiling water) it for 3min. Immediately drain the hot water(this prevents them from further cooking) and run it to normal water. Remove the potatoes and place it on a plate.
- Marinate the potatoes in the ground masala with salt for around 5-10 min.
- In a heavy bottomed pan(preferably cast iron), add oil, marinated potatoes and fry them in very slow flame for about 15-20 min by stirring them occasionally. Remove it from the fire once potatoes became crisp in the outer.
- Serve Potato Wedges, these are crazy as they are crispier outside and tender inside.
Do not forget to check out another side dish recipe for rice, Try Bitter gourd with Tomato fry, here in PepperBowl.
1. Serving with rice would be the best option. But serving as a tea time snack or as an appetizer is not also a bad idea.
Tips and Variations:
1. Always prefer to go for the potato verify which is good for frying. Here I went with Idaho large sized potatoes.
2. Leaving longer in the low flame helps to achieve crispier and stiff potatoes.