Are you looking for ways to enhance the protein you intake? This chili lime almond is one of the delicious alternatives to the regular roasted almonds you eat daily.
Like many of you, I, too, munch on oven-toasted almonds or soaked almonds until I found this recipe.
About this recipe
These chili lime almonds are seriously addictive. You cannot stop yourself after tasting them for the first time.
These spice-coated almonds are flavorsome, crunchy, and tasty. Furthermore, each of the almonds is infused with the flavors even inside of the nut.
This a low-carb, vegan snack you can rely on for a satisfying feeling.
What makes this chili lime almond very special?
- The almonds are coated well with the spices that we love to snack on.
- The recipe is simple and with a couple of easy-to-find ingredients.
- It is good to store for up to a week, even at room temperature.
- Versatile to use in salads, as toppings, in the trail mix, or to nibble.
Other spicy recipes,
How to make chili lime almonds?
This Mexican-inspired lime spiced almond is an excellent recipe for learning to enhance the food we usually eat. Once we understand the basics of this recipe, we can customize it by tweaking here and there.
Almonds. Choose raw almonds.
Lime juice. Fresh lime juice is their primary flavoring ingredient once combined with almonds and roasted in the oven. It gives an irresistible acidic and charred flavor. It is also a good source of vitamin C.
Chili powder. Gives you diligent heat; add more for spicy chili lime almonds.
Cilantro. How can cilantro be separated from limes? gives a unique aftertaste that combines all ingredients and makes the almonds look crazy.
The recipe directions
Add. In a mixing bowl, add almonds, lime juice, red chili powder, salt, and chopped cilantro.
Combine. Mix thoroughly until all the ingredients are combined. Set aside thought for about one hour. Toss in between a couple of times to make the almonds soaked with the lime dressing evenly.
Set the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°. In a baking tray, spread the almonds without crowding.
Bake. Stir in between and bake for 18 minutes, or it's completely done.
Cool. Remove it from the oven and allow it to cool to room temperature. And enjoy!
How to store?
Firstly, allow the chili lime almonds to cool down to room temperature. Then, transfer to an air-sealed container. And this can be stored for about 5 days on the kitchen counter.
To increase the storage time, you may refrigerate for use for up to a month or freeze for use for up to 3 months.
Jalapeno. While making the dressing, add finely chopped jalapenos for a spicy variation.
Mint. Substitute half the quantity of cilantro with your finely chopped mint leaves.
Cajun seasoning. Along with red pepper flakes, add cajun seasoning for an intense aroma. This is my favorite variation that has a special mention here.
Black pepper. Add coarsely ground black pepper. But avoid using finely ground black pepper as it may get burned when baking, and turn the almonds to taste bitter.
Other snacking recipes you may like,
- Jalapeno peanut brittle
- Popped Quinoa Recipe
- Spicy boiled Peanuts
- Masala Peanuts Recipe
- Spicy Plantain chips
Printable recipe card
Chili lime almonds
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt or as required
- 2 tablespoon cilantro minced
- In a small mixing bowl, add almonds, red chili powder, lime juice, salt, and minced cilantro.
- Combine them until almonds are coated well with the added ingredients.
- Set aside for 1 hour to soak the almonds.
- Preheat the oven for 350 degree farenheit.
- In a baking tray, spread the almonds evenly.
- Bake by flipping occasinoally for 18 minutes or until it is done.
- Remove it from the oven and allow to cool down.
- And enjoy snacking.