Got some extra jalapenos? how about whipping up special spicy jalapeno mustard. Better than any store-bought ready-made sauces and unbelievably best to go in the sandwich, hot dog, sausage, and much more.
This satisfying delicious hot 10 minutes mustard sauce is it good to store up to 6 months is this sound amazing? follow me and continue reading the post for a detailed recipe, the ideas of using it, and its possible variations.
About jalapeno mustard
Think of from dips to deviled eggs, this is our favorite spicy sauce forever. And still exploring more options to use them more often than we normally do.
Jalapeno mustard is the best way to use the jalapenos that can be stored for the rest of the months that require any advanced kitchen skills.
Searching for the ways to preserve the jalapenos? this roasted jalapeno is a good source to start ahead.
- It’s a delicious hot and spicy sauce better than store-bought.
- Easy to make with low efforts.
- Saves your pocket from buying the readymades.
- Can customize to suit your preference.
Other jalapeno recipes,
- Jalapeno simple syrup
- Jalapeno aioli
- Cilantro jalapeno hummus
- Jalapeno Lemonade
- Jalapeno tuna salad
- Jalapeno recipes
How to make jalapeno mustard
I will walk through this recipe with pictures and instructions here bet you will find your printable recipe card at the end of the post.
First, let's see what ingredients make the sauce extraordinary.
Yellow mustard powder. The basic ingredient then you think of making the sauce from the scratch. Skip this ingredient and incorporate the prepared mustard sauce in this recipe
Distilled white vinegar. Adds a pungent acidic flavor and also preserves the sauce for storing.
Turmeric. Added for the rich color and also it’s rich in manganese and iron. you mean skip adding this ingredient if you want to retain is the original color of the yellow mustard.
Garlic powder. The flavoring bomb that gives a robust flavor.
The recipe directions
Before heading to make the sauce, make sure you wear gloves and avoid touching your face while handling the peppers.
Chop the jalapeno and reserve the seeds.
In a mixing bowl, add mustard powder water white vinegar, turmeric garlic powder, and salt. Mix thoroughly set aside.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, add vegetable oil and chopped jalapenos. sautee enter jalapeno shrinks down to half its size.
Add the set-aside mustard mixture, and reduce the heat to low. Add the reserved seeds little at a time until it reaches the spice level you need.
Cook for 8 to 10 minutes until the sauce thickens to a flowy consistency.
Allow it to cool down to the room temperature and transfer it to clean glass jars.
Ideas to use the spicy sauce
The advantage of this spicy jalapeno mustard sauce is that can be replaced in any recipe that calls for the mustard sauce.
- Hot dogs. Squeeze it over the hot dogs to make every bite a wonderful moment.
- Sandwiches. Slather in the sandwiches, like this phili sandwich.
- Deviled eggs. these taste extremely well with that spicy twist. and turns out to be the show stopper in a party table.
- Sausages. I would say the sauces perfectly made for the sausages. Try basting them with the salsa and feel the difference.
- Dips. Add a tablespoon in your regular dip.
- Dressings. Turn out to be the best component in a salad dressing.
- Grilled meat.
How to store?
I make in small quantity that is good to last for a month and I usually refrigerate them. Generally, I store them in two containers, one that I regularly use and next one for future usage.
Refrigerate. Refrigerate in a sealed container to use up to 3 months in the refrigerator.
Freezing. You may store the jalapeno mustard sauce in two containers. Refrigerate the first for immediate use and freeze the second container for using it later. Freezing is good to store up to 6 months.
Canning. If you are comfortable in canning you may can by using the mason jars. But remember to give them sterilize by giving the water bath.
- Jalapeno honey mustard. This is the hot and spicy recipe if you prefer to be on the sweeter side, add 2 tablespoons of honey along with the mustard mixture.
- Spicy jalapeno mustard. Those who feel this sauce is not spicy enough they expect, add in cayenne pepper.
- Sweet and spicy. For the vegan sweet and spicy version, you may also add sugar according to your taste.
The recipe FAQ
No, worries. Stir in distilled white vinegar to the consistency you prefer.
Yes, you may any spicy pepper variety is good to make.
Yes, the same recipe can be used.
You may avoid the steps involved for making the mustard sauce. Instead, you may use the store-bought mustard and add sauteed jalapeno, and garlic powder.
Other spicy condiments you may like
Printable recipe card
- ½ cup yellow mustard powder
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- ⅓ teaspoon Turmeric powder for color/optional
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon jalapeno minced
- In a small mixing bowl, add yellow mustard powder, water,distilled white vinegar, turmeric, garlic powder, sand, and minced jalapeno.
- Whisk until all the ingredients combined together.
- Serve and refrigerate the left over in an air sealed container.
What a great recipe I've always wanted to try making my own mustard, and now you've given me all the tools I need. Love the addition of spicy jalapenos and turmeric powder!
Oh yum! This mustard looks fantastic! It is definitely the perfect use for leftover jalapeños.
Loving the spicy kick this mustard has! This would be wonderful for topping hotdogs and brats with. 🙂
I love the idea of serving this mustard with grilled meat. Jalapenos are right up my alley and I can't wait to try this recipe, it sounds so tasty, thanks!
I've never been one for the type of spiciness in Dijon mustard but this recipe with jalapenos sounds awesome. Definitely checking my pantry for that extra jar of jalapenos now!
Love this twist to the mustard recipe. Thanks for sharing.
The kick from the jalapenos sounds delicious! This recipe sounds easy and simple and would love to try it.
Love that little kick this has Very easy and delicious we will make this one again for sure thanks for sharing with us
Wow, I love this! Couldn't resist making it, and it really packs a punch from both the mustard and the jalapenos. Brilliant flavour bomb!
Wow! WHAT a flavour punch - this really perks up any sandwich or burger. Delicious!