Cajun scrambled eggs, made with elegant flavors from the cajun seasoning. Its both creamy and spicy, also soft and moist. It's super easy to make with simple ingredients under 10 minutes.
Egg scrambles, yes every one of us knows how to make it. But how about making it with the popular spicy seasoning?
Well, this cajun scrambled eggs post would help for the beginners who interested in trying out new flavors and thus makes life colorful.
Handling the eggs is the first thing I learned in the kitchen. I could always remember my school days, where my mom taught me to make this. I always wonder like magic in front of my eyes. The gooey mixture turns into perfect crumbles...wow ..it is a feast to the eyes.
Perfect cajun scrambled eggs need constant stirring, as the eggs heat up quickly and at times leads to burning on the edges. Burning and sticking at the bottom gives out the nonedible smell. When the eggs scramble gets burned, the entire kitchen may stink.
So, learning the fail-proof method for making our favorite egg scrambles is required.
This is one of the extremely delectable breakfast recipes. A savory breakfast eggs that makes everyone fell in love with.
Cajun seasoning and the eggs
After I tried this seasoning for the first time, I was overwhelmed by its simplicity and I started exploring all the recipes that I can make with. And really astonished with the results with cajun seasoning sprinkled over the scrambled eggs.
The seasoning gave me a new facelift that I did not expect. After the first encounter, my journey is never-ending. And still exploring the more Cajun recipes.
How to make cajun scrambled eggs?
Eggs. I use organic brown eggs, I like it being creamy with subtle flavor. But feel free to use the ones you regularly use.
Butter. Butter and egg combo are inseparable, but swapping with olive oil also great flavorful variation. When using salted butter adjust the quantity of the salt.
Cajun seasoning. Use the store bought seasoning and homemade seasoning.
Black pepper. Adds up the heat and nutty flavors. To spice up the Cajun scrambled eggs, stir in finely chopped jalapeno or bell pepper.
The recipe directions
In a mixing bowl, add eggs, salt, black pepper, and Cajun seasoning.
Whisk until all the ingredients combined together and becomes fluffy.
Place a pan over medium heat, add butter. And allow it to melts down.
Add the spiced egg mixture, and pour in.
Once the sides starts leaving out the pan, use a spatula and fold start bring the sides to the center. Keep repeating, until the eggs gets cooked and becomes scrambles.
Remove it from the heat and serve with bread or vegetables.
Refrigerate. Store the left over in an air tight container and use up to 2 days.
Freeze. Yes, Cajun scrambled eggs can be frozen. Eggs are delicate when comes to storing. The bad bacteria grow rapidly when proper care was not given. If making for parties or looking for make-ahead options, then freeze them as soon as you make it.
To do this, as soon as the cooking part is done. Bring the eggs to room temperature. Then immediately transfer them to the airtight containers and freeze it. Make sure not to leave it in the kitchen counter for more than an hour.
How to reheat?
Thaw. Thawing is required for the frozen Cajun scrambled eggs. Leave it in the refrigerator overnight. Alternatively, microwave for immediate use.
For the stovetop method: Heat a pan with the butter. Then add the eggs and stir continuously. Butter cooks the eggs softer than the cooking oil. And discard any liquid that comes out from the eggs.
For the microwave method: Add the Instant pot scrambled eggs to the microwave-safe bowl. Close it with a paper towel, to avoid any splutter. Then cook for 30 seconds, then give a stir and again cook in this way, until the eggs are done completely.
- To get your Cajun scrambled eggs more delicious, add in fresh herbs like cilantro or mint.
- If you have time and make this recipe even more colorful, you may add grated carrots and grated cabbage. They also blend perfectly with egg and makes your food worth anything in the world.
- Add in chopped bell pepper or jalapeno for more heat.
- Saute chopped onion, and then add the egg mixture. This instantly increases the quantity and also provides a crunchy texture.
Other spicy breakfast recipes
- Spicy French toast
- Tater tot breakfast casserole
- Spicy garlic bread
- Spicy oats pancake
- Spicy breakfast recipes
Cajun scrambled eggs
- Crack open eggs and add to a mixing bowl.
- Add salt, black pepper, and cajun seasoning.
- Whisk vigorously until it becomes frothy.
- Over medium heat, place a pan. Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add butter and wait until it melts.
- Now stir in the egg mixture to the pan.
- Wait until the sides start separate from the pan.
- Using a spatula fold them into 4-5 layers one above the other.
- Allow it to cook on the bottom.
- Repeat the process in small intervals until egg cooks completely.
- Transfer to serving bowl and enjoy.
- Cook in the medium to low flame.
- Add fresh herbs like parsley, cilantro, basil makes it more flavorful.