These Maida Bonda / Banana Paniyaram can be made in minutes. In most of the South Indian homes, these banana bondas are common for the surprise guests. The basic ingredients are very simple and any choice of ingredients can be added further.
Worried about the ripened bananas?.Banana fritters are the great recipe to get rid of that. Preparing for this recipe is as simple as it can be done, while the oil is getting heated in the pan. Let’s get the recipe now.
For crunchiness, I have added coconut slices, But anything can be added from chocolate chips to vegetables.
Do not forget to check out another recipe for an evening snack, Raw Banana Bajji , here in PepperBowl.
Banana Bonda / Maida Bonda / Maida Paniyaram
Prep time : 5 min,
Cooking time : 10 min,
Yield : Serves 4
All Purpose Flour / Maida – 1 Cup
1/2 Cup of Sugar
1 Ripen Banana
1 Pinch of Baking Soda
3 tbsp of Coconut Slices
How to make Maida Bonda:
1. Heat oil in the pan in high flame. In the meantime, mix all-purpose flour, sugar, baking soda, for crunchiness I have added coconut slices. But dried fruits, choco chips can also be added.
2. Add ripe banana to the mix and mash them well, to form like a thick liquid paste consistency.
3. Scoop and pour the dough with the spoon in the oil. Flip it occasionally, till all the fritters are evenly golden in color.
4. No dips are necessary for these fritters. But if needed, it can be served with tomato ketchup or even with mayo.
1. Usually served as a snack. But we do make it in the morning hours along with breakfast for the guest in our home.
2. Idly, chutney, sambar with this Maida Paniyaram tastes wonderful.
Tips and Variations for Maida Bonda:
1. Dried nuts can be added.
2. If bananas are not available then it can be omitted from the ingredients list.
3. While deep frying, keep the flame higher in the beginning and reduce to medium flame for perfect paniyarams.