Mango boba smoothie recipe is made with fresh mango, yogurt, and boba. A sweet tropical smoothie can be served for breakfast or mid-day meals. Very easier to make and a show stopper recipe if served in parties or potlucks.
The main ingredients for Mango smoothie boba are mango and boba(or bubbles). This boba is bubble-shaped pearls made from tapioca. Bobas are soft, gel-like pearls may available in your nearby Asian stores.
These bubbles are available in black and white colors as well. But I like to go with the black color as it gives a dramatic look to the drink. But both the white and black differ in their color but are similar in taste and size.
I was astonished and surprised when I first had this boba smoothie in a Thai restaurant a couple of years ago. I did not have an opportunity to taste that before, though it was available here for a while.
It was a happy moment gel-like bobas are getting into my mouth for every sip of smoothie. It was so delicious and I love the bobas texture.
The same day I did research and got valuable information from one of my friends about how to use them on how to cook them etc.
Few Tips for getting into Mango smoothie Boba:
- For best results, you may use fresh ripe mangoes or store bout mango pulp.
- You may also use mango juice if fresh mangoes or store-bought pulp is not available.
- Buy the very little quantity of boba, as it will not last for a long time though in the cabinets or refrigerated.
- Cook the right amount as it will not stay good even if it is stored in the refrigerator or freezer for a couple of days.
- For making the smoothie, yogurt would be the best option comparing to milk. As mango has a minimal vitamin C, as it may spoil the smoothie if added to milk.
- Cooking boba will not be a problem, as the packages do have instructions for how to perfectly cook boba.
- Boba is coming with the instructions on the package for how to cook.
- If the boba packaging does not have cooking instructions, then add 1 cup of boba to 4 cups of water. Cook it for 12-15 minutes in slow flame. Stir occasionally to avoid the bubbles stick to the bottom of the pan. Then drain and transfer it to a bowl.
Other fresh drinks recipes,
- Kiwi juice
- Mango juice
- Apple juice recipe
- Dragon Fruit Milk Shake
- Pomegranate juice without a juicer
- Fruit drink recipes
Mango boba smoothie recipe
- 2 cups yogurt
- 1 cup mango pulp fresh or frozen
- 4 tbsp sugar or as required
- ice cubes as required
- 1 cup boba
- Cook boba as per the package instructions.
- In a blender add yogurt, mango pulp, and sugar.
- Pulse the blender for 1-2 minutes until the smoothie becomes soft and light.
- Then in a serving glass, add boba pearls followed by ice cubes.
- Arrange the boba pearls evenly as it looks appetitive.
- Serve immediately.