The mango boba smoothie recipe is made with fresh mango, yogurt, and boba pearls. A sweet tropical smoothie can be served for breakfast or mid-day meals. It is easy to make and a show-stopper recipe if served at parties or potlucks.
The main ingredients for Mango smoothie boba are mango and boba(bubbles/tapioca pearls). This boba is made of bubble-shaped pearls made from tapioca. Bobas are soft, gel-like pearls may available in your nearby Asian stores.
These bubbles are available in black and white colors as well. But I like to go with the black color as it gives a dramatic look to the drink. But both the white and black differ in color but are similar in taste and size.
I was astonished when I first had this boba smoothie in a Thai restaurant two years ago. I did not have an opportunity to taste that before, though it was available here for a while.
It was a happy moment; gel-like boba was getting into my mouth for every sip of smoothie. It was so delicious and I love the boba's texture.
The same day, I researched and got valuable information from one of my friends about how to use them, cook them, etc.
Few Tips for getting into Mango Smoothie Boba:
- You may use fresh, ripe mangoes or frozen mangoes for best results.
- For a quick variation, you may also use mango juice by swapping fresh/frozen mango.
- Buy minimal boba, as it will not last long in the cabinets or refrigerated.
- Tapioca pearls tastes excellent when made fresh, so plan accordingly.
- Yogurt would be the best option for making the smoothie compared to milk. Mango has a minimal acidity, as it may spoil the smoothie if added to milk.
- Cooking boba will not be a problem, as the packages do have instructions for how to perfectly cook boba.
- Boba pearls package comes with the cooking instructions.
- If the boba packaging does not have cooking instructions, then add 1 cup of boba to 4 cups of water. Cook it for 12-15 minutes in slow flame. Stir occasionally to avoid the bubbles stick to the bottom of the pan. Then drain and transfer it to a bowl.
Other fresh drinks recipes,
- Kiwi juice
- Mango juice
- Apple juice recipe
- Dragon Fruit Milk Shake
- Pomegranate juice without a juicer
- Fruit drink recipes
Printable recipe card
Mango boba smoothie recipe
Cook boba pearls
- Cook tapioca pearls as per the package instructions.
- Now drain and mix with with honey and set aside.
Make the smoothie
- In a blender add yogurt, mango(if you are using fresh mango, then remove the skin), water, and sugar.
- Pulse the blender for 1-2 minutes until the mixture becomes soft and light. Set aside
- Now fill boba pearls to the bottom of the glass.
- And fill it with mango smoothie.
- Serve immediately.