This soft Sandesh Recipe sweet is very soft as if it is going to fall when we lift it. I learned this recipe from my Bengali friend. It can be easily prepared(only 3 ingredients),can be chilled and served as dessert.
I had Sandesh or ‘Shondesh’ for the first time When I was in West Bengal. Soft texture, mild sweetness takes us to somewhere in heaven. This sweet is very soft as if it is going to fall when we lift it.I learned this recipe from my Bengali friend. It can be easily prepared(only 3 ingredients), interested can be chilled and served as dessert.
With the similar type of basic preparation, the another sweet recipe Chum Chum can be made. If you interested look into other Indian sweets like Paruppu Poli, MotiChoor Laddu, Badhusha recipes as well.
soft Sandesh Recipe
- 1/2 Cup Paneer Homemade
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 10 Almond for decoration
- Knead paneer well, either in hand or in the blender. paneer has to become a paste with no lumps on it. The consistency of paneer should be like dough for Poori.
- Take equal amount of sugar.
- In a pan add sugar, paneer dough, and cardamom powder. In mild flame cook this mixture for about 3-4 min..or until it leaves the pan.
- Cook it until the mixture starts leaving the pan and looks like this.
- In a tray, set the mixture to 1" thickness and leave it for 5 min. Then With the knife cut them into pieces for serving.This is the basic preparation. Sandesh can also be prepared with your choices of food color, food essence, molds etc.,
Do not forget to check out another recipe of Rasagulla, here in PepperBowl.
1. Serve warm or store in the refrigerator for 3 hours and then serve cold as the dessert.
2. Sprinkle saffron on the top for extra rich flavor.
Tips and Variations for Sandesh Recipe:
1. Add rose your favorite essence and food color for different variations.
2. Cut into different shapes.
3. Ready made molds are available in different sizes and shapes, you are most welcome to use them.