Funnel cakes are very easier to make, Would you believe me that it requires just 10 minutes to make from the scratch to the end? Yeah! proportions need not be 100% accurate, no bothering in making the pattern, Perfect results every time we make. Then why waiting, makes these super yummy funnel cakes today.
I have a strong inclination towards it because it tastes something very familiar to the Indian taste buds. I do not know why these cakes are mostly available in carnivals and other public gatherings. But the most important reason get into Carnivals are these yummy and yummy funnel cakes. It is pretty interesting that originally funnels are used for making this cake. Now you can really guess how it got its name.
If you are searching for other breakfast recipes, then look into Breakfast casserole with french toast and blueberries, Bread cups with eggs, tater tot casserole,
Funnel Cake Recipe
Prep time : 3 min
Cooking time : 7 min
Yeild : Serves 2
All Purpose Flour – 1 Cup
Sugar – 4 tbsp
Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
Egg – 1
Milk – 1/4 Cup
Water – For Diluting
Salt – a pinch
Cooking Oil – For Deep Frying
Confectionery Sugar – For Decorating
How to Make:
1. In a mixing bowl add egg. Using a fork or electric egg beater, whisk the egg well until yolk combines well and becomes little frothy.
2. Then add milk and sugar. Whisk again until sugar gets dissolved well in the egg mixture,
3. Then add the flour, baking powder, salt. Give a gentle whisk one more time until the flour combines with the dry ingredients. Add water to dilute this mixture to little thicker flowing consistency.
4. In a zip lock bag or any other plastic bag, transfer the batter we made. Snip off the one corner of the bag. The snipping off size decides the thickness of the funnel cake. The smaller the hole, thinner and crispier funnel cake and vice versa.
5. Heat oil in the pan, gently squeeze the bag to make a circular pattern. The circles need not be accurate.
6. Wait for the bottom side to get golden brown in color. Then flip onto the other side to make it cook.
7. Once both the side turned golden brown in color, drain them from the oil. Transfer to a kitchen towel to remove excess cooking oil.
8. While serving dust confectionery sugar with the sieve/tea strainer oven the cake. Add whipped cream, chocolate sauce or Nutella for more richer.
1. Dusting with confectionery sugar will do justice to the dish.
2. Add whipped cream, chocolate swirls, chocolate sauce or even Nutella makes this cake wonderful.
Tips and Variations:
1. Funnel cakes taste good when it is still hot, so serve immediately.
2. For the topping, run your imagination to try out favorite combinations.