Cauliflower 65 dry restaurant-style recipe yields, evenly coated, crisp and cauliflower florets inside were very soft and juicy. These are perfect spicier bombs that are the perfect starters or perfect game day snack.
The winter made me gain a few pounds extra, huh. But these do not make me worry. See I could see lush green outside, spring has started as my workouts too. Few more months remaining to get back into my shape.
Again the winter comes plus another 8 pounds of weight, again climate becomes normal like my body. Life is a cycle Baby!!! But I can’t miss these wonders in between my ‘getting back to shape regime.
Coming back to this recipe, this Cauliflower 65 dry recipe is very simple but tastes like the one which you have tasted in your favorite restaurant.
It is always been a tougher job to recreate something which you have tastes elsewhere. But very easy like walking on the cake, if you know the exact recipe, and tips to make it more enjoyable.
How to make Gobi 65:
1. Wash and clean the cauliflower florets and drain it completely. Make florets into desired sizes. I wish to have it tiny florets.
2. Mix all the ingredients in the bowl except the cooking oil. Make sure the florets are completely covered with the flour mix. Drop the florets one by one in the hot oil for frying. Deep fry it in the oil until they turn crispy and also before they change its color.
3. Serve Gobi / Cauliflower 65 tomato ketchup.
Serve Cauliflower 65 dry as the appetizer or as the tea time snack or as a side dish for Indo-Chinese recipes.
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour / maida
- 2 tbsp cornstarch / corn flour
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 drops orange food color optional
- 1/2 tsp salt or as required
- 2-4 tbsp water for combining
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- Cut cauliflower into small florets.
- In a mixing bowl, add cauliflower florets, all purpose flour, cornstarch, red chili powder, ginger-garlic paste, egg yolk, orange food color, and salt.
- Sprinkle little water at a time and combine well so that the florets are coated evenly with the other ingredients.
- Over medium heat, place a pan and add vegetable oil.
- When the oil is medium hot, add these florets one after the other but without crowding the pan.
- Flip occasionally and deep fry them until the crust becomes crispy.
- Transfer to the kitchen towel to remove the excess oil.
- And serve hot.