Indian Broccoli Salad, a super hit recipe for its nutritional facts and great crunchy texture. A salad with the perfect blend of sweet baby carrots and sharp apple cider vinegar.
Broccoli is very good for health. This salad is very simple and easy to make yet very delicious too. This is an excellent source of Vitamin A, C, K, potassium, manganese, magnesium omega 3 fatty acids, iron, etc..and is only 43 calories per serving. So we can add them into our meals in any form like starter, salad, snack, our choices are always open. Try this Indian broccoli salad vegetarian recipe, and feel the change.
Me, grown as a daughter of a ‘veggie lover’ father, undoubtedly loves to fill my plate with salads. Broccoli has second-hand treatment when it comes to cooking in my home. My guys at home turn fussy when they find cooked broccoli in any of the dishes. But you believe me, so far this Indian Broccoli salad is the only salad, they had without any complaint.
I love lemon juice, but you can also substitute with any other citrus juices. The fresh broccoli florets tossed with the lemon juice gets evenly coated to every part of the floret. And makes them yummy for every bite. This is one of the simple vegan dinner recipes with broccoli.
How does this Indian broccoli salad taste like?
Like any other everyday house salad, this one also tastes simple and humble recipe. The crunchiness of the broccoli texture is very well balanced with the citric lime sauce. The carrot we added here acts as a right balance between the lemon and the broccoli, it’s a bridge between these two incredibly different ingredients.
Serving suggestions for Indian broccoli salad
- Best broccoli salad along with rice or Indian flat bread like roti, chapati, paratha.
- Also a perfect salad to munch on in between your meal time.
- Want to make a wholesome salad? Add some roasted nuts and make a healthy and filling salad.
- Have more fresh veggies at home and want to incorporate in here? Well, you are most welcome to add fresh vegetables like cauliflower florets, snow peas, green peas, .
- If you are looking for creamy salad dressing but prefer it to be in the Indian style? swap yogurt with the lemon juice. Whisk yogurt, finely chopped serrano pepper and salt together.
- Make this easy broccoli salad as a wholesome salad by adding proteins. If you are vegan add in the tofu. If you are vegetarian, add paneer/cottage cheese and make broccoli paneer salad. Add in chicken and egg and serve as a protein-rich meal.
- Planning for a party or potluck, add in chopped grilled chicken. This version is extraordinary dish that pleases the entire crowd.
- Diced tomato, almonds, sunflower seeds, olive oil are some of the ingredients play well here.
Pro Tips for making this simple Vegan broccoli salad
- Choose tender stem broccoli for the best results.
- You may also add steamed broccoli florets and steamed carrots
- Substitute garam masala with curry powder if it is not available.
Indian Broccoli Salad
- 1/2 Cup Broccoli
- 1/4 Cup Baby Carrots
- 1/4 Cup Onion Chopped
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Black Pepper ground
- 1/4 tsp Salt or as required
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- Cut broccoli into bite size florets. Clean baby carrots of your choice.
- Add lemon juice, garama masala, salt and pepper..that's it..we are ready with the dish..very easy right?
- Serve this Indian Broccoli Salad as a healthy snack, appetizer, or as a side dish.
Do not forget to check out another recipe of Baby Carrot Salad Recipe, here in PepperBowl.