Spicy Broccoli Salad is a super hit recipe for its nutritional facts and crunchy texture—a salad with the perfect blend of sweet baby carrots and sharp apple cider vinegar.
Broccoli is perfect for health. This salad is straightforward to make yet very delicious, too.
So we can add them into our meals in any form like starter, salad, snack, our choices are always open. Try this hot and spicy broccoli salad vegetarian recipe and feel the change.
As a daughter of a 'veggie lover' father, I undoubtedly love to fill my plate with salads. Broccoli has second-hand treatment when it comes to cooking in my home. My guys at home turn fussy when they find cooked broccoli in any of the dishes. But you believe me, this spiced Broccoli salad is the only salad they had without complaint.
I love lemon juice, but you can substitute it with other citrus juices. The fresh broccoli florets tossed with the lemon juice get evenly coated to every part of the floret. And makes them yummy for every bite. This is one of the simple vegan dinner recipes with broccoli.
How hot is this spicy broccoli salad?
This salad is made with medium heat. However, you are making it and can control the spice levels to make it mild and comfortable.
Jalapeno is the only heat source here; leave the seeds on for spiciness and remove the seeds and the membrane for mildew. Since jalapeno is full of flavors, the salad tastes delicious without the seeds.
The crunchiness of the broccoli texture is very well balanced with the citric lime sauce. The carrot we added here acts as the right balance between the heat and the broccoli, and it's a bridge between these two incredibly different ingredients.
- Best broccoli salad along with rice.
- Also, it's a perfect salad to munch on between meals.
- Want to make a wholesome salad? Add some roasted nuts and create a healthy and filling salad.
- Have more fresh veggies at home and want to incorporate in here? You are most welcome to add fresh vegetables like cauliflower florets, snow peas, and green peas.
- If you are looking for creamy salad dressing? Swap yogurt with lemon juice. Whisk yogurt, finely chopped serrano pepper, and salt together.
- Make this easy broccoli salad a wholesome salad by adding proteins. If you are vegan, add in the tofu. Add paneer/cottage cheese and broccoli paneer salad if you are vegetarian. Add in chicken and egg and serve as a protein-rich meal.
- Planning for a party or potluck? Add in chopped grilled chicken. This version is an extraordinary dish that pleases the entire crowd.
- Diced tomato, almonds, sunflower seeds, and olive oil are some ingredients that play well here.
- Choose tender-stem broccoli for the best results.
- You may also add steamed broccoli florets and steamed carrots
- Substitute garam masala with curry powder if it is not available.
Other similar recipes you may like,
- Indian corn salad
- Indian carrot salad
- Cucumber mango salad
- Greek yogurt chicken salad
- Quinoa corn avocado salad
- Salad recipes
Printable recipe card
Spicy Broccoli Salad
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup carrots sliced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt or as required
- In a mixing bowl, add broccoli florets, carrots, minced jalepeno, lemon juice, chili powder, and salt.
- Stir gently. And serve.
Do not forget to check out another recipe, Baby Carrot Salad Recipe, here at PepperBowl.