Spicy Broccoli Salad, a super hit recipe for its nutritional facts and great crunchy texture. A salad with the perfect blend of sweet baby carrots and sharp apple cider vinegar.
Broccoli is very good for health. This salad is very simple and easy to make yet very delicious too. This is an excellent source of Vitamin A, C, K, potassium, manganese, magnesium omega 3 fatty acids, iron, etc..and is only 43 calories per serving.
So we can add them into our meals in any form like starter, salad, snack, our choices are always open. Try this hot and spicy broccoli salad vegetarian recipe, and feel the change.
Me, grown as a daughter of a 'veggie lover' father, undoubtedly loves to fill my plate with salads. Broccoli has second-hand treatment when it comes to cooking in my home. My guys at home turn fussy when they find cooked broccoli in any of the dishes. But you believe me, so far this spiced Broccoli salad is the only salad, they had without any complaint.
I love lemon juice, but you can also substitute with any other citrus juices. The fresh broccoli florets tossed with the lemon juice gets evenly coated to every part of the floret. And makes them yummy for every bite. This is one of the simple vegan dinner recipes with broccoli.
How hot is this spicy broccoli salad?
This salad is with medium heat, however, you are making it and can control the spice levels to make it mild and comfortable.
Jalapeno is the only heat source in here, leave the seeds on for spicier and remove the seeds and the membrane for mild and version. Since jalapeno is full of flavors, the salad tastes delicious without the seeds as well.
The crunchiness of the broccoli texture is very well balanced with the citric lime sauce. The carrot we added here acts as a right balance between the heat and the broccoli, it's a bridge between these two incredibly different ingredients.
- Best broccoli salad along with rice.
- Also a perfect salad to munch on in between your meal time.
- Want to make a wholesome salad? Add some roasted nuts and make a healthy and filling salad.
- Have more fresh veggies at home and want to incorporate in here? Well, you are most welcome to add fresh vegetables like cauliflower florets, snow peas, green peas, .
- If you are looking for creamy salad dressing? swap yogurt with the lemon juice. Whisk yogurt, finely chopped serrano pepper and salt together.
- Make this easy broccoli salad as a wholesome salad by adding proteins. If you are vegan add in the tofu. If you are vegetarian, add paneer/cottage cheese and make broccoli paneer salad. Add in chicken and egg and serve as a protein-rich meal.
- Planning for a party or potluck, add in chopped grilled chicken. This version is extraordinary dish that pleases the entire crowd.
- Diced tomato, almonds, sunflower seeds, olive oil are some of the ingredients play well here.
- Choose tender stem broccoli for the best results.
- You may also add steamed broccoli florets and steamed carrots
- Substitute garam masala with curry powder if it is not available.
Other similar recipes you may like,
- Indian corn salad
- Indian carrot salad
- Cucumber mango salad
- Greek yogurt chicken salad
- Quinoa corn avocado salad
- Salad recipes
Spicy Broccoli Salad
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup carrots sliced
- 1 tbsp jalapeno minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt or as required
- In a mixing bowl, add broccoli florets, carrots, minced jalepeno, lemon juice, chili powder, and salt.
- Stir gently. And serve.
Do not forget to check out another recipe of Baby Carrot Salad Recipe, here in PepperBowl.