This Dragon Fruit Salad recipe could be a head-turning recipe in a party’s dining table, because of its alluring color and texture. It’s perfect to surprise everyone, which turned out to a cherishingly delight kids’ food.
Dragon Fruit/ Pitaya is the fruit belongs to South East Asian countries and to the cactus family. Like any other cactus fruit, this fruit also has the property of a very attractive and appealing color, a God’s enchanting creation.
Why are cactus flowers and fruits extremely colorful? we may arrive at different answers, why we waste our time unnecessarily in researching, instead of feasting ourselves.
This fruit has a beautiful, tender, super white, the jelly-like texture inside with crunchy seeds. The flesh tastes mildly sweet, and can somewhat related to palm fruit. Palm Fruit? it’s another interesting fruit, I will come up with another recipe in the following days.
In this recipe, I did not add anything to the fruit, as the fruit itself has everything on it, the color, the taste, and texture. The fruit is little bland, so prefer serving chocolate sauce for dipping if you’re serving this for children.
How to make Dragon fruit salad
1. Wash and Clean the fruit. With a sharp knife, chop off all the leaf-like structures outside the fruit.
2. Slice the fruit into 4-5 parts for about half-inch thickness.
3. Again cut each slice further diagonally to form equal triangular-shaped sizes.
4. Gently Insert toothpick to the bottom of the slice so that the picked layer of the skin contact with the fruit.
Chocolate dipping sauce could be the best companion for the children.
Dragon Fruit Salad
- 2 dragon fruit / pitaya
- Wash and Clean the fruit. With a sharp knife, chop off all the leaf like structure outside the fruit.
- Slice the fruit into 4-5 parts for about half inch thickness.
- Again cut each slice further diagonally to form a equal triangular shaped sizes.
- Gently Insert tooth pick to the bottom of the slice so that the pick layer of the skin contacted with the fruit.
- And serve.
Serve along with your favorite dipping sauces.