Bread cutlet requires a few minutes to make with few ingredients, most of which are in your pantry already. A perfect dish for a quick snack or appetizer on party nights.
Bread cutlet-the looks it might tell you how easy it is to make. The process is simple, just like mixing and frying all the ingredients.
The frying process does not require any cooking skills; all that is required is that it has been golden brown on both sides.
Any recipe becomes a hit or success according to the opportunities for customization, like potato cutlet.
The essential ingredients are bread and boiled potatoes; what about the other ingredients? just grab your favorites from your kitchen cabinets and refrigerator.
Pro tips for Bread cutlets
- Boiled potatoes are the only ingredient that needs some cooking time before mixing. So if you plan to make this recipe, boil the potatoes in advance.
- Boiled potatoes stay good in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days. Potatoes can be cooked, cooled, and stored in the fridge well in advance.
- Green peas are visually appealing and add texture to the cutlet. They can also be either fresh or frozen. I always store a bag of frozen green peas, which are handy for many dishes.
- I have added grated carrots and coriander leaves. Cutlet tastes good if these are counted as fresh.
- A tablespoon of chopped Mint leaves is another optional ingredient in this bread cutlet recipe, which gives the cutlet another dimension in taste and flavor. But I have not added it here as I want today's cutlet to be mild.
- These cutlets are great when they are made fresh and consumed immediately. So make it just before serving.
- Tomato ketchup, hot sauce, green chutney, and sweet chutney are some of the great condiments for these cutlets.
How to make Bread cutlet
The essential ingredients for bread cutlets are bread and cooked potatoes. I have added green peas, grated carrots, green chili, and fresh coriander leaves. Bread can be of any variety, either white or whole wheat bread.
In a mixing bowl, mash potatoes well, add bread, and crumble them gently. Now add grated carrots, green peas, and chopped coriander leaves.
Combine all the ingredients well. Add salt, chili powder, coriander powder, and salt.
Divide them into small-sized balls. Make them into flat patties.
Heat oil in a pan, add these patties. In medium flame, fry them until they turn golden brown.
Serve hot with ketchup, hot sauce, green chutney, or sweet chutney.
Other appetizer recipes you may like
- Indian cauliflower fry
- Mini naan pizza
- Crispy baked eggplant
- Indian Brussel sprouts
- Spicy appetizer recipes
Printable recipe card
- Mash potatoes well, and crumble the bread gently.
- In a mixing bowl, add mashed potato, bread crumbles, grated carrots, green peas, chopped coriander leaves, chopped green chili.
- Combine all the ingredients well.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder, and salt.
- Divide them into small sized balls and make them into flat patties.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan, add these patties.
- In medium flame fry them until they turn golden brown.
- Serve hot with ketchup, hot sauce, green chutney or sweet chutney.