Bread Cutlet recipe takes absolutely few minutes to make with few ingredients, most of them in your pantry already. A perfect dish for a quick snack or appetizer on party nights.Bread cutlet recipe, with the looks it might tell you that how easier to make. The process is very simple, just like mixing all the ingredients and frying it. The frying process does not require any cooking skills, all that required that it has been golden brown on both the sides.
Any recipe becomes hit or success according to the opportunities for customization like super quick rava paniyaram, potato cutlet, 15minute punugulu with idli batter. The basic ingredients here are bread and boiled potatoes, what about the other ingredients? just grab your favorites from your kitchen cabinets and refrigerator.
My few tips for making Bread cutlets:
- Boiled potatoes are the only ingredient which needs some cooking time before mixing. So if you are planning to make this recipe, boil the potatoes in advance.
- Boiled potatoes stay good in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days. Potatoes can be boiled, cooled and stored in the refrigerator well in advance.
- Green peas are visually appealing and add texture to the cutlet. They can also be either fresh or frozen. I always store a bagful of frozen green peas which are handy for many of my dishes.
- I have added grated carrots and coriander leaves. Cutlet tastes good if these are added as fresh.
- A tablespoon of chopped Mint leaves is another optional ingredient, which gives cutlet another dimension in taste and flavor. But I have not added here as I want today’s cutlet to be mild.
- These cutlets are great when they are made fresh and consumed immediately. So make it just before serving.
- Tomato ketchup, hot sauce, green chutney, sweet chutney are some of the great condiments to served with these cutlets.
How to make:
The basic ingredients for bread cutlet are bread and cooked potatoes. I have added green peas, grated carrot, green chili and fresh coriander leaves. Bread can be of any verity, either white or whole wheat bread.
In a mixing bowl mash potatoes well, and add bread and crumble them gently. Now add grated carrots, green peas, chopped coriander leaves.
Combine all the ingredients well. Add salt, chili powder, coriander powder, and salt.
Divide them into small sized balls. Make them into flat patties.
Heat oil in a pan, add these patties. In medium flame fry them until they turn golden brown.
Serve hot with ketchup, hot sauce, green chutney or sweet chutney.
Bread Cutlet Recipe
- 4 Potato Boiled and peeled
- 4 Slice Bread
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 1/4 Cup Carrots grated
- 3 tbsp Cilantro /Coriander leaves
- 2 Green Chili /Serrano pepper
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 3/4 tsp salt or as required
- 2 Cup Cooking Oil for Frying
- Mash potatoes well, and crumble the bread gently.
- Add grated carrots, green peas, chopped coriander leaves, chopped green chilies.
- Combine all the ingredients well.
- Add salt, chili powder, coriander powder, and salt. steps and procedures
- Divide them into small sized balls and make them into flat patties.
- Heat oil in a pan, add these patties. In medium flame fry them until they turn golden brown.
- Serve hot with ketchup, hot sauce, green chutney or sweet chutney.