Try these Cauliflower Golden Fry recipes. The term "Summer vacation" is equal to lots of games with lots and lots of kids' snacks at home. My home is not too far from these golden rules.
The perfect kid's snack should be appealing to the eyes and tastier to the tongue. It is a value-added bonus to the dish if it is crispy. This recipe for golden fried cauliflower comprises all these ethnic values.
My son is a massive fan of cauliflowers and consumes them in any form, unlike to say soggy dishes are not his choice. These crispy florets disappear soon after they come from the pan. Our mission gets accomplished when we see empty plates and smiling faces.
There is no secret ingredient or secret method to get perfect crispy florets every time. The only essential component of this dish is maintaining the correct temperature of the frying oil. This component applies to every other deep-fried recipe. So, beginners, give your little concentration on maintaining the right temperature.
How to make cauliflower golden fry
1. Remove any impurities, and wash and clean cauliflower florets. And drain them thoroughly.
2. Add corn flour, rice flour, maida, chili powder, and salt. Maida is the binding agent here.
3. Mix them well so the florets are covered with the flour. Adjust the flour proportionately if you wish more flour coating.
4. Heat oil in the pan, and drop the flour-covered florets once the oil reaches 350° F. Do not overcrowd the pan. Maintain the oil at the same temperature throughout frying by adjusting the flame. Flip them occasionally.
Once deep-fried and crispier on all sides, remove from the oil. Place them in the kitchen towel to remove excess fat. Continue to fry them in batches.
5. Serve cauliflower golden fry with tomato ketchup or with green chutney.
Other appetizer recipes you may like
Printable recipe card
Cauliflower Golden Fry Recipe
- In a mixing bowl, add cauliflower florets, corn starch, rice flour, all purpose flour, red chili powder, and salt.
- Mix them well, so the florets are coated with the flour.
- Over medium heat, heat oil in the pan. And allow it to reach 350 degrees F.
- Gently slide each spice coated florets gently to the pan. Do not crowd the pan.
- Deep fry them until they are cirspy. Remove from the oil and place over a kitchen towel.
- Rinse and repeat the procedure for the remaining florets as well.
- And serve hot with the tomato ketchup or with green chutney.
Serve as an appetizer or as a snack. Serving as a side with any food is also highly acceptable.
Tips and Variations for cauliflower golden fry:
Adding half an egg is another way to get soft and crispy florets.
Add garam masala powder to get extra flavor.
If you are searching for other snacking/appetizer recipes, look into this hassle baked potato.