Try these Cauliflower Golden Fry Recipe. The term “Summer vacation” is equal to lots of games with lots and lots of kids snacks at home. My home is not too far from this golden rules.
The perfect kid’s snack should be appealing to the eyes and should be tastier to the tongue. If it is crispy, then it is a value added bonus to the dish. This recipe for golden fried cauliflower comprises all these ethnic values.
My son is the huge fan of cauliflowers and consumes it in any form. Unlike to say soggy dishes are not of his choice. These crispy florets disappear soon after it comes from the pan. Our mission gets accomplished, when we see empty plates and smiling faces.
There is No secret ingredient or secret methods to get perfect crispy florets every time. The only important component of this dish is maintaining the right temperature of the frying oil. This component is applicable to every other deep fried recipe. So, the beginners, give your little concentration in maintaining the right temperature.
How to make Cauliflower Golden Fry Recipe
1. Remove any impurities, wash and clean cauliflower florets. And drain them completely.
2. Add corn flour, rice flour, maida, chili powder, and salt. Maida is the binding agent here.
3. Mix them well, so them the florets are covered with the flour. Adjust the flour proportionately, if you wish more flour coating.
4. Heat oil in the pan, drop the flour covered florets once the oil reaches 350° F. Do not over crowd the pan. Maintain the oil at the same temperature, though out the frying process, by adjusting the flame. Flip them occasionally. Once deep fried and crispier all the sides, remove from the oil. Place them in the kitchen towel, to remove excess oil. Continue to fry them in batches.
5. Serve cauliflower golden fry with the tomato ketchup or with green chutney.
Cauliflower Golden Fry Recipe
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 tbsp corn starch / corn flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl, add cauliflower florets, corn starch, rice flour, all purpose flour, red chili powder, and salt.
- Mix them well, so the florets are coated with the flour.
- Over medium heat, heat oil in the pan. And allow it to reach 350 degrees F.
- Gently slide each spice coated florets gently to the pan. Do not crowd the pan.
- Deep fry them until they are cirspy. Remove from the oil and place over a kitchen towel.
- Rinse and repeat the procedure for the remaining florets as well.
- And serve hot with the tomato ketchup or with green chutney.
Serve as the appetizer or as the snack. Serving as a side with any food is also highly acceptable.
Tips and Variations for cauliflower golden fry:
Adding half an egg is also another way to get soft and crispy florets.
Add garam masala powder to get extra flavor.