Canned coconut milk chia pudding recipe topped with coconut slices, kiwi, and pomegranate. The coconut slices add crunchy to the pudding. A perfect healthy breakfast recipe. No cooking is necessary, just add the ingredients wait for half an hour or refrigerate overnight.
No cooking is necessary, just add the ingredients wait for half an hour or refrigerate overnight. No mess and no fuss, very easy to make the recipe.
Chia seed pudding is not a great favorite dish for my son. He says it feels like gooey for him, so I added coconut slices while serving. The thinly sliced coconut pieces which add crunchiness to every bite. It's no wonder, now this coconut milk chia pudding recipe becomes one of my son's favorite. You know, new recipes are emerges when attempting to respond to the complaints.
You know, new recipes are born when attempting to respond to the complaints. I'm also happy that I can include chia seeds in his menu.
- Due to the easy accessibility, I have used the canned coconut milk, however, you may use fresh or any form of coconut milk.
- Coconut slices are now available in all leading grocery stores. These are dry coconut slices, and they have a strong nutty flavor. They can also be available in the name of 'Coconut Chips'
- I happen to see, tender coconut slices in our Costco store, they work fine for this canned coconut milk chia pudding recipe.
- Here, I have added fresh coconut slices, and these are available in the frozen section in local Indian stores. These taste great and have a subtle nutty flavor.
- If you are not able to get any of the above ways, get a fresh coconut from your stores. Break open with a sharp-edged tool, use the knife to remove coconut pieces from the shell. Then slice them thinly. The leftover coconut can be frozen in a ziplock bag. It stays good for a couple of months in a freezer.
- A tip when you are planning to buy fresh coconut, choose white shelled coconut than the dark brown coconut shells. As white shelled coconuts are tender coconut and they are good for coconut water and for the flesh. Dark brown coconut shells are matured coconut and they have a strong nutty flavor.
- I have used a pinch of salt in this coconut chia pudding recipe, but you may use any other artificial or natural sugar or no sugar at all. All these versions taste great.
- If you do not wish to add coconut milk, you may also substitute with almond milk or soy milk.
Canned coconut milk chia pudding recipe
- 1/4 cup coconut thinly sliced
- 1 cup coconut milk unsweetned /8 oz
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt or a tbsp of any sweetner
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Whisk all the ingredients together.
- Stir well and allow chia seeds to get soaked for the minimum of 30 minutes. Or refrigerate it overnight by keeping it covered possibly airtight.
- Serve with your choices of fruits.