The best Berry Smoothie bowl Recipe is healthy and filling perfect for breakfast or mid-day snack. A great tasty blend of Strawberries blackberries and apples.
Why berry smoothie bowls?
There are a couple of things why I choose smoothies instead of fresh-cut fruits in my home.
- It's healthy and easy to make.
- Great for fussy eaters who always returns the plates with fruits untouched.
- Easier to consumers and perfect for all ages.
- Tons of variations gives me more freedom to convert it if I serve it for breakfast or as a drink.
- If I serve for breakfast, I make it wholesome by adding oats, flax seeds, chia seeds, and almonds.
- Adding oats, flax seeds, or chia seeds would be healthy and fill options if you are planning to serve as breakfast.
- If you are planning to include almonds, soak it for about 4 hours prior to adding to the smoothie.
- Banana, mangoes, and oranges would make it more flavorful
- I prefer adding yogurt as the base.
- If you are planning to add milk, add almond milk or soy milk.
Make-ahead and storing ideas
- Berry smoothie bowl tastes better when blended just before serving. However, you may freeze or refrigerate the fruits ahead of time, and blend when needed.
- Store the leftover in an airtight container, in the refrigerator to use within a day. And freeze it to use within a month.
- Keep the frozen berry smoothie bowl in the refrigerator for thawing.
- Do not use the microwave for thawing as the heat can affect the properties in the yogurt.
- Instead, you may pulse the blender with a cup of orange juice and the frozen leftover.
Variations for this berry bowl
- Make a tropical variation by adding mango.
- Include raspberry when they are in season.
- You may use the frozen berry to enjoy this drink throughout the year.
- Swap yogurt with plant-based milk like coconut milk, almond milk, or soy milk for a dairy-free vegan version.
- Add chopped nuts to make this a wholesome breakfast.
Other breakfast recipes you may like,
- French toast breakfast casserole with blueberries
- Cajun breakfast cups
- Tatertor breakfast casserole
- Egg burji
- Breakfast recipes
How to make berry smoothie bowl?
In a blender jar, add yogurt, strawberry, blackberry, yogurt, honey, orange juice, and ice cubes. Blend until it turns to a smooth and silky texture.
Can I make it with a banana?
There is no strict rules for the ingredients added in here. So, add in your favorite fruits. Banana compliments the flavors of the strawberry and the blackberry, feel free to use them.
Berry smoothie bowl
- 1 cup strawberry
- 1 cup blackberry
- 1 apple medium Size
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup yogurt
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Blend all the ingredients until they becomes smooth and silk.
- Transfer it to serving bowl and serve immediately when it is still cool.