The best Berry Smoothie bowl recipe is perfect for breakfast or a mid-day snack. A fabulous, tasty blend of Strawberries, blackberries, and apples.
Why berry smoothie bowls?
There are a couple of things why I choose smoothies instead of fresh-cut fruits in my home.
- It's super easy to make.
- Great for fussy eaters who always return the plates with fruits untouched.
- It is more accessible to consumers and perfect for all ages.
- Many variations give me more freedom to convert it if I serve it for breakfast or as a drink.
- If I serve it for breakfast, I make it wholesome by adding oats, flax seeds, chia seeds, and almonds.
- Adding oats, flax seeds, or chia seeds will be the best options if you are planning to serve as breakfast.
- If you plan to include almonds, soak it for about 4 hours before adding to the smoothie.
- Bananas, mangoes, and oranges would make it more flavorful.
- I prefer adding yogurt as the base.
- If you plan to add milk, add almond or soy milk.
Make-ahead and storing ideas
- Berry smoothie bowl tastes better when blended just before serving. However, you may freeze or refrigerate the fruits beforehand and blend them when needed.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator to use within a day. And freeze it to operate within a month.
- Keep the frozen berry smoothie bowl in the refrigerator for thawing.
- Do not use the microwave for thawing, as the heat can affect the properties of the yogurt.
- Instead, pulse the blender with a cup of orange juice and the frozen leftover.
Variations for this berry bowl
- Make a tropical variation by adding mango.
- Include raspberries when they are in season.
- You may use the frozen berry to enjoy this drink throughout the year.
- Swap yogurt with plant-based milk like coconut, almond, or soy milk for a dairy-free vegan version.
- Add chopped nuts to make this a wholesome breakfast.
Other breakfast recipes you may like,
- French toast breakfast casserole with blueberries
- Cajun breakfast cups
- Tatertor breakfast casserole
- Egg burji
- Breakfast recipes
How to make a berry smoothie bowl?
Add yogurt, strawberry, blackberry, yogurt, honey, orange juice, and ice cubes in a blender jar. Blend until it turns to a smooth and silky texture.
Can I make it with a banana?
There are no strict rules for the ingredients added here. So, add in your favorite fruits. Bananas compliments the flavors of the strawberry and the blackberry. Feel free to use them.
Printable recipe card
Berry smoothie bowl
- 1 cup strawberry
- 1 cup blackberry
- 1 apple medium Size
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup yogurt
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Blend all the ingredients until they becomes smooth and silk.
- Transfer it to serving bowl and serve immediately when it is still cool.