Kiwi milkshake, you should make this at home this summer. This recipe for Milkshake / Kiwi smoothie, needs kiwi, banana, milk, and yields creamy, rich healthy fruit drink. Great for everyone, can be served as breakfast or in the mid-meal snacking time.
Summertime here and kids are around the home. It so important to hydrate the kids with some healthy drinks. I’m hoping everyone has their own recipe for energetic drinks, and not to say this is our favorite recipe.
While blending add in ice cream, to make the children turn away from their unhealthy sodas.
Have seen my Homemade Fresh Kiwi juice? Another healthy version of the drink.
I have topped kiwi milkshake with marshmallows and Nutella. but these are optional, it tastes super yummy without these ingredients too.
Kiwi – 3
Banana – 1
Sugar – 1/4 Cup
Almond Milk – 2 cups
Ice cubes as required
Marshmallow – 1/4 Cup(optional)
Nutella – 2 tbsp(optional)
How to make Kiwi milkshake / Smoothie:
Wash and clean kiwi. Hint: Wash thoroughly the skin before peeling them. Make few slices of kiwi and reserve them for topping.
2. In the blender, add peeled kiwi fruits, banana, sugar, milk and ice cubes. Hint: I have added whole milk for the kid. 1% or non-fat milk can also use used for making this drink.
3. Pulse the machine for a couple of minutes until the fruits smashed up and become creamy in texture.
4. Pour in tall glasses.
5. Top it with marshmallows, Nutella, and slices of kiwi. And serve chilled.
Tips and Variations:
- Whole milk can be substituted with almond milk, soy milk, non-fat milk or any milk of your choice.
- Add in another half of banana if you need the thicker consistency.
- Add strawberries, blueberries also.
- Avoid making with sour tasting kiwi.
- Serve chilled.
- Top with a scoop of ice cream, sprinklers, melting chocolate, fresh cut fruits, nuts etc.
Kiwi Milk Shake Recipe
- 3 Kiwi
- 1 Banana
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 cups Almond Milk
- Ice cubes as required
- 1/4 Cup Marshmallow optional
- 2 tbsp Nutella optional
- Wash and clean kiwi.
- In the blender, add peeled kiwi fruits, banana, sugar, milk and ice cubes.
- Pulse the machine for couple of minutes until the fruits smashed up and becomes creamy in texture.
- Pour in tall glasses.
- Top it with marshmallows, nutella and slices of kiwi. And serve chilled.