This vegan pumpkin pasta sauce is a simple and guilt-free recipe. The sauce is made only with pumpkin pulp. If you plan to go with multi-grain pasta, it is double nutritious.
Do you wish to have pasta for dinner, not loaded with tons of fat?
It's not that we need to compromise on the taste when we are going for clean eating options. We are the kind of people, who never can compromise on taste. So, questing for tasty recipes has become a hobby nowadays.
Though we like pasta and its sauces, I avoid it for dinner. Thinking that it is loaded with cheesy fat. But these are all stories until I find this recipe.
This vegan pumpkin pasta sauce is made only with the pumpkin, not with any cheese or butter. It is a simple menu for the everyday choice.
The success of this recipe gave me the confidence to try out other sauces with vegetables.
How to make vegan pumpkin pasta sauce
Cook pasta as per the package's instructions.
Discard the skin and the seeds of the yellow pumpkin. Chop them into small cubes. Grind them in the blender/mixer to fine-pulp. And keep it aside, we need it a little later. Chop garlic into small, fine pieces.
Heat cooking oil in the pan. Add chopped garlic and saute till it leaves an aroma in the air.
Then add pumpkin pulp and bring it to a boil. Cover it with a lid.
Pumpkin will get cooked thoroughly, gets reduced, and thickens. Add nutritional yeast, dried basil, and salt. Allow it to cook for a minute on a low heat.
Add cooked and drained pasta to the pan. Saute for a minute and serve hot.
Other dinner recipes you may like,
- Shrimp Bruschetta pasta
- Vegan spinach pasta
- Cream of mushroom pasta sauce
- Creamy, spicy shrimp pasta
- Sweet potato pasta sauce
- Coconut milk alfredo sauce
Printable recipe card
Vegan pumpkin pasta sauce
- Cook pasta as per the package's instruction.
- Place the pumpkin in the chopping board. Discard the skin and the seeds of the pumpkin. Chop them into small cubes.
- Grind them in the blender to fine puree. And keep it aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in the pan. Add chopped garlic and saute till is fragrant..
- Then add pumpkin puree and bring it to boil. Cover it with lid.
- Cook till pumpkin thoroughly cooked, gets reduces and thickens.
- Add basil, nutritional yeast, and salt. Allow it to cook for a minute in simmer flame.
- Add cooked and drained pasta to the pan. Saute for a minute and serve hot.
1. Pumpkin gravy can be prepared well in advance and can be stored in the freezer. Whenever necessary, pull out frozen pumpkin puree. Then thaw it. Add to cooked pasta, saute for a minute, and you are done.
2. Serve hot; sprinkle fresh crushed black pepper or chili flakes for the spiciness.
Tips and Variations Pumpkin Pasta
1. Try adding your favorite herbs; I like the basil flavor. Dried Oregano, thyme, and sage can also be added.
2. This creamy pumpkin gravy also suits bow-and-tie pasta.