This vegan pumpkin pasta sauce is a super healthy, guilt free recipe. The sauce made only with pumpkin pulp, so the healthy diet is guaranteed. If you are planning to go with multi-grain pasta, then it is double nutritious.
Wish to have pasta for dinner not loaded with tons of fat?
It's not that we need to compromise on the taste when we are going for healthy options. We are kind of person, who never can compromise on the taste. So, it questing for healthy tasty recipes has become a hobby nowadays.
Though we like pasta and it sauces, I keep avoiding pasta for the dinner. Thinking that it is loaded with cheesy fat. But these are all stories until I find this recipe.
This vegan pumpkin pasta sauce is made only with the pumpkin, and not with any cheese or butter. It is a simple menu for the everyday choice.
The success of this recipe gave confidence in trying out other sauces with vegetables.
How to make vegan pumpkin pasta sauce
Cook pasta as per the package's instruction.
Discard the skin and the seeds of the yellow pumpkin. Chop them into small cubes. Grind them in the blender/mixer to fine pulp. And keep it aside, we need it little later. Chop garlic into small fine pieces.
Heat cooking oil in the pan. Add chopped garlic and saute till it leaves out aroma in the air.
Then add pumpkin pulp and bring it to boil. Cover it with lid.
Pumpkin will get cooked completely, gets reduces and thickens. Add nutritional yeast, dried basil, and salt. Allow it to cook for a minute in simmer flame.
Add cooked and drained pasta to the pan. Saute for a minute and serve hot.
Other dinner recipes you may like,
- Shrimp Bruschetta pasta
- Vegan spinach pasta
- Cream of mushroom pasta sauce
- Creamy spicy shrimp pasta
- Sweet potato pasta sauce
- Coconut milk alfredo sauce
Vegan pumpkin pasta sauce
- 1 cup pasta multigrain
- 1 lb pumpkin
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil /olive oil
- 2 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cook pasta as per the package's instruction.
- Place the pumpkin in the chopping board. Discard the skin and the seeds of the pumpkin. Chop them into small cubes.
- Grind them in the blender to fine puree. And keep it aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in the pan. Add chopped garlic and saute till is fragrant..
- Then add pumpkin puree and bring it to boil. Cover it with lid.
- Cook till pumpkin thoroughly cooked, gets reduces and thickens.
- Add basil, nutritional yeast, and salt. Allow it to cook for a minute in simmer flame.
- Add cooked and drained pasta to the pan. Saute for a minute and serve hot.
1. Pumpkin gravy can be prepared well in advance and can be stored in the freezer. Whenever necessary, pull out frozen pumpkin puree. Then thaw it. Add to cooked pasta, saute for a minute and you are done.
2. Serve hot, sprinkle fresh crushed black pepper or chili flakes for the spiciness.
Tips and Variations Pumpkin Pasta
1. Try adding your favorite herbs, I like the basil flavor. Dried Oregano, thyme, sage can also be added as per your choice. 2. This creamy pumpkin gravy also suits to bow and tie pasta.