What's new here? it is a "spicy black bean taco recipe". A straightforward and easy-to-make breakfast recipe gives a full feeling, healthy, too. The best breakfast recipe to start the day with lots of flavors. Every bite will give different textures and tastes.
Being an Indian, I found lots of similarities between the Mexican cuisine and the Indian cuisine.
Like me, every other Indian would also feel the same, and that's the reason to find Mexican restaurants crowded with Indians.
This breakfast taco recipe gave me a feeling of making something I make regularly at home, and not feeling like I trying out different cuisines.
The good part of this spicy black bean taco is that it does not need many hours of preparation. Canned black beans, store-bought salsa, and tortillas can be used. But I make my tomato salsa. I soaked and cooked black beans.
Have some Leftover Tortillas? No worries, pop them into the oven to make baked Tortilla Chips; it is straightforward to make
I soaked black beans for about 4 hours and slow-cooked in a slow cooker. The leftover black bean can be deep-frozen in an airtight container. It stays good for about one month.
This gives me the feeling of cooking healthy and saves my wallet. But your choices are making it from scratch or buying it from stores, so go by your preferences.
In the same way, making salsa is not very difficult. Homemade is always healthy as it can avoid preservatives and unwanted chemicals.
For cooked Black beans: You can use homemade or store-bought canned black beans.
How to cook black beans at home? Soak beans for about 4-5 hours, and pressure cook in medium flame for about 7-10 mins(approximately) or slow cook it for about 4-6 hours(approximately). The cooking time varies according to the cooker, so decide accordingly.
How to make Spicy black bean taco
Cut potatoes into small-sized cubes.
Add a tablespoon of cooking oil to a pan. Add potato cubes, add salt, and cook them on medium flame until thoroughly cooked. Keep it aside; we need these later while assembling the tacos.
In the same pan, add eggs and salt. Stir continuously to make scrambles. Finally, add crushed pepper. And keep it aside, too.
For arranging the tacos, spread tomato salsa evenly over the tortillas. Then spread black beans, followed by potatoes and egg scrambles.
Sprinkle red pepper flakes and serve them.
Tips and Variations
- Add cheese of your choice to this spicy black bean taco recipe.
- Add chopped cilantro leaves for more flavor.
- Instead of soft tortillas, the hard shell can also be used.
- Try with different varieties of tortillas like white, corn, whole wheat, and spinach. Each kind gives our unique flavors and tastes entirely different from each other.
- The leftover soft tortillas can be made into tortilla chips.
- Serve a spicy taco with black beans and eggs for breakfast, with fruit juice or fresh fruits.
- It can also be served with slices of avocados.
Other spicy breakfast recipes
- Spicy granola recipe
- Cajun scrambled eggs
- Spicy French toast
- Spicy garlic bread
- Spicy breakfast recipes
Printable recipe card
Spicy black bean taco
- 2 potato
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon salt or as needed
- 2 egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon whole black pepper crushed
- 4 tortillas
- ½ cup salsa hot
- ½ cup black beans cooked
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cut potatoes into small sized cubes.
- Over medium heat, in a pan add vegetable oil, potato cubes, and salt.
- Saute until the potato is cooked. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, add eggs, salt, and crushed pepper.
- Stir continously to make soft scrambles. And set aside.
- In the prepping board, place a tortilla and spread tomato salsa evenly.
- Then spread black beans, followed by potatoes and egg scrambles.
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes.
- Serve them by closing(like semi circular shape).
Liked our recipe? Follow us on