Whats new here? it is "spicy black bean taco recipe". A very simple and easy to make breakfast recipe, give a full feeling, healthy too. The best breakfast recipe to start the day with lots of flavors. Every bite will give different textures and tastes.
Being an Indian, I found lots of similarities between the Mexican cuisine and the Indian cuisine. Both same spice levels common.
Like me, every other Indian would also feel the same, and that's the reason to find Mexican restaurants are crowded with Indians.
This breakfast taco recipe gave me a feeling of making something I make regularly at home, and not felt like I trying out different cuisine.
The good part of this spicy black bean taco does not need tons of hours and preparation. Canned black beans, store bought salsa, tortillas can be used. But I make my own tomato salsa. I soaked and cooked black bean.
Have some Leftover Tortillas? No worries, pop them into oven to make baked Tortilla Chips, it is very easy to make
I soaked black bean for about 4 hours and slow-cooked in a slow cooker. The leftover black bean can be deep-frozen in an airtight container. It stays good for about one month.
This way, it gives me the feeling of cooking healthy and saves my wallet as well. But making it from scratch or buying it from stores are your choices, so go by own preferences.
The same way making salsa is not very difficult as well. Homemade is always healthy as it can avoid preservatives and unwanted chemicals.
For cooked Black beans: You can use either homemade or store bought canned black beans.
How to cook black beans at home? Soak beans for about 4-5 hours, and pressure cook in medium flame for about 7-10 mins(approximately) or slow cook it for about 4-6 hours(approximately). The cooking time varies according to the cooker, so decide accordingly.
How to make Spicy black bean taco
Cut potatoes into small sized cubes.
Add a tbsp of cooking oil to a pan. Add potato cubes, add salt and cook them in medium flame until it is completely cooked. Keep it aside, we need these later while assembling the tacos.
In the same pan, add eggs, salt and make scrambles. Finally, add crushed pepper. And keep it aside too.
For arranging the tacos, spread tomato salsa evenly over the tortillas. Then spread black beans, followed by potatoes and egg scrambles.
Sprinkle red pepper flakes and serve them by closing(like semi circular shape) or open like in this picture.
Tips and Variations
- Add cheese of your choice in this spicy black bean taco recipe.
- Add chopped cilantro leaves for more flavor.
- Instead of soft tortillas, hard shell can also be used.
- Try with different varieties of tortillas like white, corn, whole wheat, spinach. Each kind gives our unique flavors and taste entirely different from each other.
- The left over soft tortillas can be made into tortilla chips.
- Serve spicy taco with black bean and eggs as breakfast, with some fruit juice or fresh fruits.
- Can also be served with slices of avocados.
Other spicy breakfast recipes
Spicy black bean taco
- 2 potato
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt or as needed
- 2 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp whole black pepper crushed
- 4 tortillas
- 1/2 cup salsa hot
- 1/2 cup black beans cooked
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Cut potatoes into small sized cubes.
- Over medium heat, in a pan add vegetable oil, potato cubes, and salt.
- Saute until the potato is cooked. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, add eggs, salt, and crushed pepper.
- Stir continously to make soft scrambles. And set aside.
- In the prepping board, place a tortilla and spread tomato salsa evenly.
- Then spread black beans, followed by potatoes and egg scrambles.
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes.
- Serve them by closing(like semi circular shape).
Liked our recipe? Follow us on