‘French Toast Recipe’ is one the easiest recipe I could make in the busy morning hours. Everyone around the corners of the world will know this recipe already.
Hehehe..but I need to blame my tiny Brain, for the memory losses at times. It always makes me do the few recipes again and again. The same thing happened to me in this French Toast too, It got totally vanished from my mind for quite some time.
Since Cereals, Granola bars, and South Indian breakfasts preoccupied my mind. I’m adding this recipe to the list because no one should get affected like me…:)
This recipe is very easy in morning hours, with minimum available ingredients and has much room for innovations. The egg coating over the bread depends upon everyone’s taste. I like to have a thinner coating.
How to make French toast
This recipe can be made in many variations and ingredients. This is the basic recipe, where vanilla extract and honey are optional.
Whisk egg and milk in a wide bowl or plate. Add vanilla extract, (this will subsidies the raw egg smell), if you are not preferring egg smell in the morning hours.
Gently dip each bread slices into the egg mixture to coat it well on both sides. And drip off excess mixture. Cook it on the stovetop in a pan by drizzling 1 tsp of butter or cooking oil. Cook it for a minute on each side or until it becomes golden brown.
Serve French Toast with available fruits in your pantry, topping with honey, which is optional.
French toast recipe
- 2 slices bread
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp honey optional
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- In a wide mixing bowl, add egg, milk, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk until the mixutre becomes light and frothy.
- Over low-medium heat, place a griddle. And add butter at the center.
- Gently dip each bread slices into egg mixture to coat it well on both the sides. And drip off excess.
- Cook it for a minute on each side or until it becomes golden brown.
- Remove it from the pan, and repeat the procedure for the remaining slices as well.
- Serve hot with fruits.
Tips and Variations for French Toast Recipe:
1. Adding vanilla essence is optional here, you can omit or substitute with any other essence of your choice.
2. Adding cinnamon powder is also another option to try out.