How to make homemade garlic bread? Well, that’s an easy question, do you believe that the answer is much easier like counting the numbers. The recipe needs a couple of ingredients and few lines of instructions that’s it.
This recipe yields creamy butter, garlic flavored and crispy outside and soft inside bread. It super heavenly when served with hot soup, salads and with any light meal. See below for the complete step by step instructions with pictures and also serving suggestions, tips, and techniques.
For me, garlic bread has to be creamy and more buttery and much more with garlic flavor. Am I hearing you asking me that is it healthy to add a big blob of butter to these cute looking bread? once in a while, we should also treat ourselves with some indulging goodies like these. But it is absolutely required for my growing teen son. And you know very well that how he liked it.
Few Tips for Homemade Garlic Bread:
- Any store bought bread would be working out fine for this ‘How to make homemade garlic bread recipe’. Even your everyday sandwich bread would also be great.
- I made only with the butter, but olive oil can be substituted with butter. Or add half quantity of butter and olive oil. Its all depends on individual preferences and taste. Not to mention, we love olive oil version too.
- This recipe calls for the inclusion of dried parsley. It does not add extra flavor to the dish but it has been added only to the green color.
- For the garlic, I went with roasted garlic. But if crushed garlic or garlic powder can also be used to cut down the preparation time.
- To make the garlic bread more flavorful, try adding herbs like thyme, sage etc.
- Bread can be sliced in any shape, like cubes, rectangles, stripes etc. Any shape is good for this recipe.
In a microwave safe bowl, add butter with roasted garlic and dried parsley.
Slice bread for about 1-inch thickness.
Spread the butter mixture evenly and bake it at 180°F for about 15-20 minutes until the edges becomes golden brown and crispy.
How to make homemade garlic bread
- 20 slices Bread
- 8 tbsp Butter
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- Slice bread. The shape can be anything like bite sized cubes, rectangles, stripes, circles etc.
- Add salted butter, chopped roasted garlic, dried parsley. Microwave it for 45-60 seconds or until
- butter slightly melts down. Combine them well. Hint: If you are using unsalted butter, then add salt according to your taste.
- Spread this butter mixture evenly over the bread slices. Be generous is spreading.
- Bake it at 180°F for about 15-20 minutes until the edges become golden brown and crispy.
- Remove it from the oven, and allow it to cool for few minutes and Serve. It tastes super good when served hot.
- Can be served as a side with soup, Salad and with lighter meals.
- It tastes yummy when served hot. So plan you baking time accordingly. Or can be broiled for few seconds before serving.
Tips and techniques for How to make homemade garlic bread:
- The left over slices can be refrigerated when stored in air tight zip lock bags. Broil for few seconds before you serve.