How to make spicy garlic bread? Well, that's an easy question. Do you believe the answer is much easier, like counting the numbers? The recipe needs a couple of ingredients and a few lines of instructions; that's it.
This recipe yields creamy butter, garlic-flavored and crispy outside, and soft inside bread. It is heavenly when served with hot soup, salads, and any light meal.
See below for the complete step-by-step instructions with pictures and also serving suggestions, tips, and techniques.
For me, garlic bread must be creamy, spicy, buttery, and more with garlic flavor. Am I hearing you asking me if adding a big blob of butter to this cute-looking bread is healthy?
Once in a while, we should also treat ourselves to some indulging goodies like these. But it is required for my growing teen son. And you know very well how he liked it.
- Any store-bought bread would work out fine for this spicy garlic bread recipe. Even your everyday sandwich bread would also be great.
- I made it only with butter, but olive oil can be substituted with butter. Or add half the quantity of butter and olive oil. It all depends on individual preferences and tastes. Not to mention, we love the olive oil version too.
- This recipe of hot and spicy garlic bread calls for the inclusion of dried parsley. It does not add flavor to the dish but has been added only to the green color.
- For the garlic, I went with roasted garlic. But crushed garlic or garlic powder can also cut down the preparation time.
- Add herbs like thyme, sage, etc., to make the garlic bread more flavorful.
- Bread can be sliced in any shape, like cubes, rectangles, stripes, etc. Any form is suitable for this recipe.
- The leftover slices can be refrigerated when stored in airtight zip-lock bags. Broil for a few seconds before you serve.
How to make spicy garlic bread
In a microwave-safe bowl, add butter with roasted garlic and dried parsley.
Slice bread for about 1-inch thickness.
Spread the butter mixture evenly and bake it at 180°F for about 15-20 minutes until the edges become golden brown and crispy.
Other spicy breakfast recipes
- Spicy French toast
- Spicy garlic bread
- Spicy avocado toast
- Cajun scrambled eggs
- Spicy breakfast recipes
Printable recipe card
Spicy garlic bread
- 8 slices bread
- 8 tablespoon butter
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Slice bread. The shape can be anything like bite sized cubes, rectangles, stripes, circles etc.
- Add salted butter, chopped roasted garlic, red pepper flakes, and dried parsley. Microwave it for 45-60 seconds or until
- Butter slightly melts down. Combine them well.
- Spread this butter mixture evenly over the bread slices. Be generous is spreading.
- Bake it at 180°F for about 15-20 minutes until the edges become golden brown and crispy.
- Remove it from the oven, and allow it to cool for few minutes and Serve. It tastes super good when served hot.
- It can be served as a side with soup, Salad, and lighter meals.
- It tastes yummy when served hot. So, plan your baking time accordingly. Or it can be broiled for a few seconds before serving.