Easy Garlic and herb pull-apart bread are made simple with flavorful thyme and olive oil. Very easy n quick to make, which gets us lots of appreciation. And one more to add this is skinny, low fat, cheeseless recipe.
This garlic and herb pull apart bread is an easy bread for party lovers. We are addicted to garlic bread because of its strong flavor and its rich taste.
I do love the flavor of the herb 'Thyme', like to add the thyme in most of my recipes, with chicken, Rotis, and in any side dishes, when I need a strong flavor. The combo of garlic and thyme mesmerizes everybody, especially in this garlic herb, pull apart bread.
So I decided to go for thyme with garlic for the pull apart bread. It started bombing the entire house with the garlic flavor, early from its backing session.
I had the yeast to make pizza crust, which doesn't require a resting period. I just went with the directions in yeast envelope.
It requires just beat and knead the flour and that's it....no resting time, waiting time...just bake it immediately after preparing the dough. It came out well. And everyone in my family is happy with the final product.
Making pull apart bread with the pizza dough is much more easy and convenient. If you store-bought pizza dough, you are more welcome to use it. But, I went with this fast n easy pizza crust yeast. But we can also go with regular yeast and with the regular process of making this Garlic Pull Apart Rolls.
Do not forget to check into one more super tasty 'Pineapple Bread'.
Olive oil. The key ingredient to perfectly flavored garlic pull-apart bread. The olive oil combined with garlic delivers impeccable results and worth using.
Yeast. I have used instant pizza yeast, it saves the time. And rescue when you left with little time to make something exotic for the family.
All purpose flour. I know this is refined flour, and some of you may look out for healthy options. You may swap with whole wheat flour instead of all purpose flour for the natural fibers.
How to make Garlic and herb pull apart bread
Make the dough. We need 2 cups of all purpose flour for this recipe. We are combining one cup in the first step and the remaining in the next step.
Combine Instant pizza crust yeast with 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 2/3 cup of warm water, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon sugar.
Knead well, until all the ingredients dissolve and combine together.
Then add remaining all-purpose flour, and knead for another 3 minutes at high speed.
Garlic Mixture. In a small mixing bowl, add melted butter, minced garlic, dried thyme, and olive oil to a thick consistency.
Preparing for the pull-apart bread. Make small equal sized balls, and dip it in the garlic mixture.
Arrange it one next to the other in a wide baking tray.
Preheat the oil for 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Bake: Baked it for 20 minutes till the outer crust turns golden brown in color.
- You may also use store-bought pizza dough for making this pull-apart garlic n thyme bread, but make sure you thaw to room temperature before baking.
- Instead of pizza crust yeast, feel free to use the regular yeast, and allow it to raise as per its package's direction.
- You may also check with other baking recipes like spicy apple chips, which is another way to treat yourself.
How to store
Refrigerate. Transfer the leftover to an airtight container and refrigerate to use within 5 days.
Freeze. Store the excess garlic and herb pull apart bread in a airtight bag or container and freeze to use up to 3 month. To thaw, leave them in refrigerator overnight.
Reheat. Gently reheat in the preheated oven in 350°F until it becomes warm. Or gently microwave it for 1 minute or till it turns warm.
Garlic and herb pull apart bread
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup water lukewarm(105-115 degreesF)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 21/4 tbsp yeast pizza crust yeast
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pod garlic minced
- 2 tsp thyme dried
- Preheat the oven for 425 degrees F.
For the dough
- In a mixing bowl, combine olive oil, warm water, salt, sugar, yeast, and 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- Blend them well for 1 minute and then add the remaining 1 cup flour. The flour will be sticky.
- Divide the dough into small equal size portions. And gently make them into balls. Dust your hands and the dough if needed.
- In a small mixing bowl, add melted butter, olive oil, minced garlic, and thyme.
- Combine well until all the ingredients blends well with each other.
- Dip each dough ball with the butter mixture and coat them well.
For the baking
- Grease a baking pan, and arrange these butter coated balls by leaving some space for it to rise.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the upper crust becomes golden brown.
- Serve garlicky pull apart bread rolls hot.
Other appetizer recipes you may like
- Cajun potato wedges
- Cajun Breakfast Cups
- Paneer Tikka in Oven
- Biscuits with pancake mix
- Spicy appetizer recipes