Paneer Tikka in Oven recipe is a foolproof recipe that perfectly matches any occasion. It is a crowd-pleaser dish, where the skewing can be done in advance.
Transfer the paneer threaded skewers from the refrigerators to the oven whenever necessary.
I have a massive fascination with the rainbow of colors. Today, my plate with this Tandoori Paneer tikka in the oven was like a painter's palette with astonishing colors.
If I could see those vibrant colors on my plate, imagine how it could be for a person like me. This recipe is one of my favorites because of its ease of making, fewer ingredients, and more room for innovating with other veggies.
If potatoes are your favorite, include threading them in between the paneer. Small red potatoes are my best choice to be paired up with paneer cubes.
This Tandoori Paneer tikka in the oven can also be made with the stovetop method. For the stovetop method, keep the skewers over a flat-bottomed pan and drizzle two teaspoons of oil over the paneer by rotating them occasionally.
Liked this Tandoori Paneer Tikka in Oven Recipe? Do not forget to look into other grilled recipes like Grilled Veggie Sandwich Recipe.
How to make Paneer Tikka in Oven:
Dice onion, green peppers, and tomatoes into bite-size pieces.
Hint: Be more innovative and add other veggies like zucchini, red potatoes, etc.,
Add store-bought tandoori masala/tikka masala powder to paneer cubes, and rub them gently to get coated with the masala.
Stack diced bell peppers, tomatoes, and onions alternatively into the skewer. Remembering the paneer cubes to take a prominent place in the arrangement. Bake it at 300°F for about 20 minutes or until paneer cubes are cooked thoroughly. Set the oven into broiling mode for about a minute to give a charred look to the tikka.
Once done, remove it from the oven and serve Tandoori Paneer tikka hot as the appetizer with lemon and mint chutney.
Other appetizer recipes you may like
Printable recipe card
Paneer Tikka in Oven recipe
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper / capsicum
- 1 tomato
- 1 teaspoon tandoori masala powder
- 11/2 cup paneer cubes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil for brushing
- Dice onion, green pepper, tomato into small cubes.
- Gently combine tandoori masala powder and salt with paneer cubes.
- Arrange bell peppers, tomatoes, onions alternatively in a skewer.
- Bake it at 300°F for about 20 minutes, or until paneer cubes cooked completely.
- Finally bake it in broil mode for 1 minute.
- Once done, remove it from the oven immediately and serve along with mint chutney.
1. Serve as an appetizer with condiments like green mint yogurt chutney.
2. A perfect crowd-pleaser recipe. If you plan on making it to parties, thread paneer and veggies well in advance. Store in refrigerator and bake it whenever needed.
Tips and Variations Paneer Tikka in Oven:
1. Pay close attention while baking, as every oven's prescribed baking time differs. Paneer gets cooked quickly.
2. When you are broiling, not more than a minute.
Tips For Cooking in Tandoori paneer tikka in the oven in a Non-Indian Kitchen:
1. Paneer is cottage cheese, which is available all around the globe.
2. Curry powder is a good substitute for Tandoori masala / Tikka masala.