Jeera aloo, Indian cumin potatoes can be made in few minutes without any hassles. This recipe required lesser ingredients, best suited to make as a side dish for lunch boxes or as a side dish for the dinner.
Jeera aloo recipe here is followed by step by step pictures and a quick video.
Recipes are bookmarked for their taste or for the time it consumes for making. This recipe should be bookmarked because of its super quick minutes for making it. Jeera aloo comes to rescue for bachelor’s
Jeera aloo comes to rescue for bachelors, spinsters and for the busy moms. The word ‘Jeera’ refers to cumin and ‘Aloo’ refers to potato. So this jeera aloo can be blindly translated as cumin potato.
Few tips for making Jeera Aloo:
- This recipe becomes super quick if you have boiled and peeled potatoes handy.
- To make everyday cooking easier, you may boil and peel the potatoes whenever you have leisure time. And they can be refrigerated in an airtight container and it stays good for about 4-5 days. And you may also deep freeze it for longer use.
- Crushed coriander seeds are added here. It brings lots of aromas, but substitute it with coriander powder if you do not find the time.
- Garam masala added here are optional.
How to make Jeera Aloo:
In medium heat, in a pan add 3-4 tbsp of cooking oil. Followed by 1 tbsp of cumin seeds. Allow it to splutter.
Then add chili powder, garam masala and amchur powder.
Fry them for a second, until it leaves out nice aroma in the air.
Add boiled, peeled and cubed potatoes.
Fry them until this masala mixture coats well the potatoes.
Serve hot along with roti or white steamed rice.
Jeera aloo, Indian cumin potatoes
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp dry mango powder amchur powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups potato boiled, peeled, and cubed potatoes
- In medium heat, in a pan add 3-4 tbsp of vegetable oil. Followed by 1 tbsp of cumin seeds. Allow it to splutter.
- Then add red chili powder, garam masala, dry mango powder, and salt.
- Fry them for a second, until it leaves out nice aroma in the air.
- Add boiled, peeled and cubed potatoes .
- Fry them until this masala mixture coats well the potatoes.
- Serve Jeera Aloo hot along with roti or white steamed rice.