Spicy chickpea pasta tossed with Olives is delicious and 100% easier to make. This combo of pasta is delicious—an impressive recipe for the family.
Pasta for dinner always makes me feel guilty as it is loaded with carbs. Carbs are suitable for children if other essential nutrients accompany them.
Chickpeas are one such ingredient that provides nutrients that are necessary for building muscles. Children ignore it when they are served with chickpeas alone.
But they highly appreciate and welcome these types of fusion foods.
The preparation process is straightforward, like counting the single-digit numbers. Olives and chickpeas are the best combos for ever. The chickpeas' creaminess and the olives' sharp taste make this Spicy chickpea pasta wonderful.
Printable recipe card
Spicy chickpea pasta
- 1 cup pasta
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon garlic chopped
- ½ cup chickpea cooked
- ½ cup olives
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt or as per required
- Cook pasta as per the package's instructions. I cooked mine for about 12 minutes. This stays swirled and stiff and blends well with the added ingredients
- Heat pan over medium to high flame. Add 2 tablespoon of olive oil, followed by chopped garlic. Add cooked pasta, chickpea, olives, red pepper flakes, and dried basil leaves.
- Toss them in high flame, till all the ingredients combine well.
1. Serve with steamed broccoli and carrots.
2. Spicy chickpea pasta can also be served with regular tomato sauce.
Tips and Variations Chickpea Pasta:
1. For serving olives, I always prefer pitted ones.
2. Olive oil can be substituted with regular cooking oil
Do not forget to look into easy dinner recipes like Creamy Corn bow and tie pasta.