Spicy chickpea pasta tossed with Olives, amazingly tasty and 100% easier to make. This combo is pasta is very healthy, rich in protein. An impressive recipe for the growing children to make them stay in their high energy levels.
Pasta for the dinner, always makes me feel guilty as it loaded with carbs. Carbs are good for the children if they accompany with other important nutrients.
Chickpeas are one such ingredient that provides nutrients which are the basic necessity for building up muscles. Children ignore it when they are served with chickpeas alone.
But they highly appreciate and welcome these types of fusion foods.
The preparations process is very simple like counting the single-digit numbers. Olives and the chickpeas are the best combos forever. The creaminess of the chickpeas and the sharp taste of the olives makes this Spicy chickpea pasta wonderful.
Spicy chickpea pasta
- 1 cup pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup chickpea cooked
- 1/2 cup olives
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt or as per required
- Cook pasta as per the package's instructions. I cooked mine for about 12 minutes. This stays swirled and stiff and blends well with the added ingredients
- Heat pan over medium to high flame. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil, followed by chopped garlic. Add cooked pasta, chickpea, olives, red pepper flakes, and dried basil leaves.
- Toss them in high flame, till all the ingredients combine well.
1. Serve with steamed broccoli and carrots.
2. Spicy chickpea pasta can also be served with regular tomato pasta sauce.
Tips and Variations Chickpea Pasta:
1. For serving olives, always prefer to go with pitted ones.
2. Olive oil can be substituted with regular cooking oil
Do not forget to look into easy dinner recipes like Creamy Corn bow and tie pasta.