This recipe is good for health as we don’t add preservatives, food colors, flavor additives, But we are not compromising on the taste too. This recipe can me made in minutes with simple procedures and taste exactly like a branded one. The left over can also be used as topping sauce for Pizzas. Now, we will plunge into the recipe.
Home Made Salsa Recipe (Inspired by branded Salsa)
Prep time : 5 min,
Cooking time : 5 min,
Yeild : Serves 2
Author : Pepper Bowl
1 Jalapeno Pepper
1 tsp of Thyme –
1 tsp of Oregano –
1 tsp of Garlic Powder –
Salt to taste
How to make:
1. First, we need to blanch tomatoes. Slightly slit the bottom of tje tomatos like this. It make it easier to peel off the skin. Cook 2 tomato to the boiling water for about 3-4 min. Then remove them from the water and allow it to get cool.
2. Once it came to the room temperature, peel off the tomato skin. Due to the slit we made earlier, we could easily peel of the skin like peeling off bananas. Dice 1 tomato, 1/4 onion and jalapeno pepper(remove the seeds, if you want it mild hot).
3. We need thyme, oregano leaves, and garlic powder. It is well and good if you have them fresh, otherwise also no issues.
4. Puree the tomatoes by grinding the the peeled of tomatoes in the mixer / blender.
5. With 1/4 to 1/2 cup water, add diced tomatoes and onion. Cook them till it becomes soft and tender.
6. Add the tomato puree, salt, jalapenos, garlic powder, thyme , oregano leaves and cook it in the medium to high flame till you reach the thick or desired consistency.
7. Bring this mixer to room temperature, and transfer this to serving bowl and serve it along with tortilla chips.
Serve along with home made tortilla chips or store bought one.