If you are reading my recipes already, you might have noticed that I am not in the favor of cheeses. And I try to control over it as for as I can. I do not prefer it not because of its taste, but worried about the fat content it loaded with. I have enough fat in me and I don not wish to add any more unknowingly. Need to underline the word ‘wish’, sigh! everyone out in the world wishes for the same. But are we making our wishes come true? huh! we are just substituting a fat with another fat..leave it.. it is another story to worry apart.
I love to use Rotini pasta always. The spiral shape blends and could hold the sauces very well. If the food looks great, then half of our work done as a cook. The spiral pasta does the cooks job perfectly for making the food’s good look. The perfectly cooked pasta with the creamy buttermilk sauce glides in the mouth. I’m sure everyone would be loving it.
I added Mariana sauce, just to add little more flavors and a color to the recipe, but this is optional. I went with dried parsley as my refrigerator lacks fresh parsley. If you have fresh parsley, please go ahead and substitute with dried parsley.
Rich Creamy Buttermilk Rotini Pasta, an easy dinner recipe
Cooking time : 30 min,
Yeild : Serves 2
Author : Pepper Bowl
Pasta – 1 Cup
Buttermilk – 1/2 Cup
Minced Garlic – 2 tsp
Corn starch/flour – 3 tbsp
Olive Oil – 1 tsp
Marian Sauce – 2 tbsp(optional)
Dried Parsley – 2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp or as required
How to make:
1. Cook pasta as per the package direction. Drain it and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in the pan, saute garlic till it leaves out aroma in the air. Add drained pasta to it.
3. Add Mariana sauce.
4. Blend corn starch and buttermilk well.
5. Add this perfectly blended corn starch, buttermilk mixture.
6. Add dried parsley and salt and keep it in simmer flame till the sauce thickens and look creamy. Keeping in simmer flame is important as buttermilk has the property of curdling when heated.
7. Serve hot with condiments as per your wish. We enjoyed it along with grilled chicken.