Stuffed Aloo Paratha, is not a complicated recipe as you are thinking. This the easiest method for masala coated potato which is stuffed in wheat flat bread. These parathas do not require any side dishes, as they are already loaded with slurping masalas.
These parathas are versatile. Plays a perfect companion while traveling, can be a perfect healthy dinner or breakfast! Unexpected guests? no problem! Do not give a second chance and try this recipe.
And for sure, you will be paid back with lots of appreciations. I love this recipe because it is a perfect food to go!! No messy boxes, and messy fingers.
I just roll them individually in the aluminum foil for eating just unwrap the foil and it is perfect to have them as it is.
How to make aloo paratha
1. To the wheat flour, add water little at a time and knead. Knead the flour well to form a soft dough. Adjust the water accordingly. The dough should not stick to the hand. If it sticks add the little flour to make them perfect.
Then leave that on the kitchen counter for about half an hour. The parathas will stay softer if they are allowed for resting time. But however, it can also be made immediately after kneading. Dust flour in the rolling pin and the pad. Make a round flat bread with the help of the rolling pin.
2. Boil and peel the potatoes. Mash them up gently, so that no lumps are seen. In a pan, add 2 tsp of cooking oil, followed by the mashed up potatoes. Then add red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and salt.
Keep sauteing it till they become a tight masala. Keep them aside till they bring down to room temperature. Once they are cooled divide them into equal-sized portions. I ended up getting around 12 masala potato balls of the same size.
Keep the potato balls in the center of the add the masala in the center.
3. Make small frills and start wrapping up the masala ball with the dough.
4. Seal them perfectly by making the dough sticks well.
5. Dust them with flour and pat it gently with the hands. And using a rolling pin, gently press to for circles.
6. Dust it with flour whenever it is necessary. Make sure the masala spreads evenly for the entire circle.
7. Heat flat tawa over the stove, in medium to high flame. Spread the rolled down dough evenly over the tawa. Drizzle a little oil on both sides. Cook them until, black spots seen on each side.
8. Serve hot with raitha, curd, and vegetable salad.
Other spicy dinner recipes
- Onion kulcha recipe
- Cabbage paratha
- Gobi Paratha
- Avocado paratha
- How to make soft roti
- Spicy dinner ideas
For the filling
- 2 cup potato cooked, peeled, and mashed
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 green chili /serrano pepper
- 3 tbsp coriander Leaves chopped
- 1 tsp salt
For the dough
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vegetable oil or ghee-as required
For the filling
- In a pan, add vegetable oil, mashed potato, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and salt.
- Keep sauteing it till they becomes thick.
- Keep them aside till they bring down to the room temperature. And make them into 5 equal sized balls.
For the dough
- In a mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour, salt and add water little at a time and knead.
- Knead the flour well to form a soft dough. Sprinkle water or flour if needed.
- Finally add vegetable oil and knead again for a minute.
- And set aside for 10 minutes and make 5 equal sized balls.
- Using rolling pin spread one dough ball into a 6inch diameter circle.
- Place one potato ball at the center and bring edges together with small frills.
- Seal them and form a big stuffed ball.
- Dust them with flour and pat it gently with the hands. And using a rolling pin, gently press to a large circle.
- Dust it with flour whenever it is necessary. Make sure the masala spreads evenly for the entire circle.
- Over medium heat, place a pan.
- Spread the rolled paratha over the pan. Drizzle a little oil on both the sides. Cook them until, black spots seen on each side.
- Serve hot with raita.
1. Serve along with plain yogurt/curd, raitha, green vegetables.
2. For easy raitha, just sprinkle chili powder, cumin powder, salt, and serve.
3. Can be served at breakfast and dinner time.
Tips and Variations:
1. The filling can be of your choice, add whichever masala you prefer.
2. Make sure no lumps found in the filling as it may affect the shape while rolling out.Aloo Paratha is best to be served with carrot raitha, Malai Kofta, Bindi Masala.