Quinoa Dosa Recipe, is a customization of new ingredient to our regular Indian recipe. Super Grain ‘Quinoa’ pronounced as Keen-wah, a staple food for the people of Columbia. It is considered to be super food because of its high protein content, added this they are high in iron, magnesium. This seeds became increasingly popular among vegans for its rich source of protein.
Quinoa is versatile and can beautifully absorb any flavors when cooked. To convert my regular breakfast into much more healthier, I have tested substituting with rice. Dosais turned out super crispy. So guilt free, super healthy breakfast is possible with quinoa.
Adding rice is to make Quinoa dosa is to make even more stiffer and crispier. But this is optional, and can be prepared without adding rice too. The another important ingredient here is fenugreek seeds. These Methi seeds not only brings color and flavor but also works as a great body coolant.
Quinoa is little pricier than regular grains. But spending for these grains really worth its value.
Quinoa Dosa Recipe (Fermented Crepe)
- 1½ Cup Quinoa
- ½ Cup Rice
- ½ Cup Skinless black gram /urad dal
- 1 tbsp Fenugreek seeds
- 4 tbsp Cooking Oil as required
- 1/2 tsp Salt or as required
- For quinoa dosa batter recipe, Soak Quinoa, rice, urad dal and methi seeds together for 4-6 hours.
- Grind it in grinder / mixer, to form flowing consistency, dosa batter.
- In a large bowl, pour in the batter. Blend them well by adding salt by using wooden ladle or hand. I prefer to mix them with hand as fermentation process would be done quicker. Rest them overnight or 6 hours. The batter might have raised once the fermentation process was over.
- Heat griddle or dosa pan and spread evenly 1/2 cup of batter on to the pan. Drizzle a tsp of cooking oil, to the dosa/ crepe crispier.
- When the dosa becomes golden brown on the bottom side, flip it over to get crispier on the other side as well, for about 2 min in simmer flame. Now the super crisp Quinoa dosa is ready. Serving with tomato chutney and coconut chutney, makes this protein rich food to the next level.
1. Serve them as breakfast And can also be served for dinner.
2. Serve with Chutney, Sambar, Idly Powder.
Tips and Variations:
If the dosas are soggy, add little rice flour, to make the dosas crispier.