Beetroot juice recipe? Do we really need a recipe for making juices at home? Well, you need sometimes like vegetable like Beetroot. It has earthen flavor and tastes delicious when it gets combined with other veggies. So it is important to know the preferable combination of vegetables which gets perfectly blends with beets.
Here, we see all about beetroot, its health benefits, how to buy and how to store and all the possible vegetable combos for the juice preparation. And this recipe yields eye-catching colored juice and has tons of health benefits as well.
The preparation is very simple. Cucumber and carrots added to this recipe, make it more flavorful. And those who are fussy about beetroot will also start loving this juice because of its color and taste.
Benefits of Beetroot:
There are tons of article and studies around the web about its health benefits. And the benefits we get from this vegetable are also many, the important benefits are
- Beetroot has antioxidant(alpha-lipoic acid), which helps to lower the glucose level.
- It reduced Blood Pressure Level.
- It boosts brain power.
- It treats anemia and much more.
How to buy?
Good and fresh beetroot are those available with their leaves. The leaves would be fresh and crisp. And beets look firm and vibrant dark purple-red in color. Many times, beet are also available without its greens, still, they are also good in quality. As a thumb rule, always look out for the firm, vibrant, round vegetable and not a soggy, wrinkled vegetable.
How to Store?
Beets with their leaves are good to store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. While leaf less beet can be stored in a refrigerator for 2-3 weeks. Freezing the vegetable can be done if you are planning to cook/making juice. But it is not a good idea to freeze for salad recipes, as they tend to become soft when it gets thawed.
Hint: I always chop off its greens, and refrigerate it for about 2-3 weeks. And this method is useful for any recipes like salad, juice and for cooking. For this beetroot juice recipe, the beets can be either fresh or frozen(perfectly thawed to room temperature).
Notes before making this recipe:
- Beets has natural sweetener, so adjust the quantity of sugar according to it.
- We get thick beet juice, adjust the water according to the consistency you prefer. (I like to have thicker consistency, so I would not add water much).
- After extracting the juice, the left over need not be discarded. As it still has got all the healthy benefits, use them as the thickening agent for making patties etc.
- Cucumber and carrots are added to this recipe, makes it more healthy and tastier.
Beetroot juice Recipe and its benefits
- Beetroot - 1
- Carrots - 2
- Cucumber - 1
- tbsp Sugar - 4
- Cups Water - 2
Wash and clean beet, carrot and cucumber. Peel them up and chop of head and tail.
Cut them into small cubes. Hint: Cutting makes the grinding part easily.
In a blender / mixer grinder add beet, carrot, cucumber pieces along with sugar and water.
Grind it until all the veggies mashed up completely.
Use strainer to filter clear, pure juice.
Adjust sugar and water at this stage.
Add ice cubes to serving glasses.
Add beet juice and Serve cold.
Tips and Variations:
- Try adding other vegetables like celery, tomato etc.
- Instead of sugar in this recipe, add lemon juice and salt. And this salty version also equally taste good.
- Beets may look smaller in size, but after chopping, it looks quantity looks huge. So decide beetroot quantity after peeling and dicing.
- If you wish not to discard the fiber, grind until veggies become smooth and add milk/water and make the smoothie.
- Throw few coriander/parsley leaves to make it the different flavor.
Serving Suggestion for Beetroot Juice Recipe:
- It is better if it is served in the daytime as a mid-day meal.
- Serve in tall glasses with loads of ice cubes. Few sips in between your works are really energy boosters.