Mango boba smoothie recipe is made with fresh mango, yogurt, and boba. A sweet tropical smoothie can be served for the breakfast or mid-day meals. Very easier to make and a show stopper recipe if served in parties or potlucks.
The main ingredients for Mango smoothie boba are mango and boba(or bubbles). This boba is bubble shaped pearls made from tapioca. Bobas are soft, gel-like pearls may available in your nearby Asian stores.
These bubbles are available in black and white colors as well. But I like to go with the black color as it gives dramatic look to the drink. But both the white and black differs in their color but are similar in taste and size.
I was astonished and surprised when I first had this boba smoothie in a Thai restaurant couple of years ago. I did not have an opportunity to taste that before, though it was available here for a while. It was a happy moment gel-like bobas are getting into my mouth for every sip of smoothie. It was so delicious and I love the bobas texture.
The same day I did a research and got a valuable information from one of my friend about how to use them to how to cook them etc.
Few Tips for getting into Mango smoothie Boba:
- For best results, you may use fresh ripe mangoes or store bout mango pulp.
- You may also use mango juice if fresh mangoes or store bought pulp is not available.
- Buy the very little quantity of boba, as it will not last for a long time though in the cabinets or refrigerated.
- Cook the right amount as it will not stay good even if it is stored in the refrigerator or freezer for a couple of days.
- For making the smoothie, yogurt would be the best option comparing to milk. As mango has a minimal vitamin C, as it may spoil the smoothie if added with milk.
- Cooking boba will not be a problem, as the packages do have instructions for how to perfectly cook boba.
- Boba is coming with the instructions on the package for how to cook.
- If the boba packaging does not have cooking instructions, then add 1 cup of boba to 4 cups of water. Cook it for 12-15 minutes in slow flame. Stir occasionally to avoid the bubbles stick to the bottom of the pan. Then drain and transfer it to a bowl.
Mango boba smoothie recipe
- 2 Cups Yogurt
- 1 cup Ripen Mango pulp (fresh or frozen)
- 4 tbsp Sugar (or as required)
- ice cubes as required
- 1 Cup Boba
Cook boba as per the package instructions.
In a blender add the ingredients except for ice cubes and boba. Pulse the blender for 1-2 minutes until the smoothie becomes soft and light.
Then in a serving glass, add boba pearls followed by ice cubes.
Arrange the boba pearls evenly as it looks appetitive.