This Potato fry curry is a simple Indian style side dish best to serve with rice. A delicious unbelievable pair that we ask for more. You should try this combo. I'm sure you would come back and say 'Yes. You're right!!'. This is a simple and quick everyday side dish recipe.
This is one of the best Indian potato curry recipes-side dishes that everyone can make. Best suitable recipe for the one who started exploring the kitchen.
If you left with 15 minutes in the kitchen, and you are in the task of making a whole meal, then make curd rice and this, not so crispy potato fry Indian recipe.
If anyone comes up with a question 'which food you like most?', without any hesitation I will shout it is this 'potato fry curry'. In my school day, when I don't have any food restriction, I use to finish 3-5 kgs of potatoes per week.
I have some simple all-time recipes for potato and this is the most important one. Curd / Yogurt rice with this, you need to try this combo. Makes you come back and say 'Yes. You're right!!'.
Why this curry potato fry?
- If you think of making any potato spicy fry, here you go. This recipe perfectly suits your needs. This is spicy, hot, and tastes delicious.
- It is super simple to make with very minimal ingredients and with minimal steps and procedures.
- Best suitable for last-minute meal preparations.
- Surprise guest, do not worry. You have this recipe handy, then the world is yours. Sorry, a bit of overwhelmed with this potato fry Indian recipe.
- Very cost-effective, because this is made with potato, fennel seeds, red chili powder and cooking oil, and no fancy, expensive ingredients.
- The availability of the ingredients is also simple to find here in the United States of America.
This potato fry curry recipe is best to serve with curd rice, tomato rice, capsicum rice, Kashmiri pulao, peas pulao, Instant pot vegetable pulav, coriander rice, or mint pulav.
These are some of the few rice dishes that perfectly complement this potato fry.
I use the leftover potato masala fry for making a sandwich. Wish to hear, how I did it? well, it as easy as you thought of. Toast the bread, and reheat this Indian fried potatoes in between two slices. Spread your favorite spicy sauce like sriracha sauce or tomato ketchup. Serve immediately.
Another smart way of using the leftover Indian potato fry is to use it as a stuffing for dosa. I cut the leftover into small size, and sprinkle potato and coriander leaves on top of the dosa. And serve hot. Everyone would love this tasty Indian potato recipe and keeps asking you to make it again and again.
- Swap the cooking oil with coconut oil. Which makes it an authentic South Indian style potato fry curry.
- If fennel seeds are not available to you, use cumin seeds instead. Which is equally flavorful and both has its own medicinal properties.
- Add cauliflower florets to make it more quantity. Which is easy while making for a crowd.
- Substitute red chili powder with cayenne pepper and paprika in this stir-fried potato.
- Add curry leaves, chopped garlic, chopped coriander leaves. Anyone of these or all. Each one of these ingredients has its unique flavors and would be great when they all are combined together as well.
- Add chopped garlic along with fennel seeds, gives an interesting flavor to this recipe.
- Slice potatoes lengthwise also yield the same taste, but the potato fry curry looks much more even in size.
- Cooking in a lower flame with little more oil provides crispy, crunchy potatoes.
- The leftover can be used for stuffing the sandwiches.
I often make other simple everyday menu veggie stir-fries that make my every day as true pleasant days.
You may like other spicy stir-fries like,
Printable recipe card
Potato fry curry
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 cup potato sliced
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt or as required
- Peel potatoes and slice them slight thick.
- Over medium heat, in the pan add vegetable oil and fennel seeds. Wait till fennel seeds turn golden brown.
- Add red chili powder and salt. Stir and flip them occasionally.
- Cook until potatoes are done and coated nicely with the spices. Transfer to serving bowl.
- Now we are ready to try our golden pieces of potatoes. Serve as a side dish for rice.
Do not forget to check out another recipe of Potato Kurma, here in PepperBowl.
Do not miss the latest recipes and its tips, Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Leave a Reply