This Potato fry curry is a simple Indian-style side dish best served with rice. They are a delicious, unbelievable pair that we ask for more. You should try this combo. I'm sure you would come back and say 'Yes. You're right!!'. This is a simple and quick everyday side dish recipe.
This is one of the best Indian potato curry recipe-side dishes everyone can make. It is the most suitable recipe for the one who has started exploring the kitchen.
If you are left with 15 minutes in the kitchen and are tasked with making a whole meal, then make curd rice and this crispy potato fry Indian recipe.
If anyone asks 'Which food do you like most?', without hesitation, I will shout it is this 'potato fry curry.' During my school day, when I don't have any food restrictions, I usually finish 3-5 kgs of potatoes per week.
I have some simple all-time potato recipes, which are the most important. Curd / Yogurt rice with this, you need to try this combo. It makes you come back and say 'Yes. You're right!!'.
Why this curry potato fry?
- If you think of making any potato spicy fry, here you go. This recipe perfectly suits your needs. This is spicy, hot, and tastes delicious.
- It is super simple to make with minimal ingredients, steps, and procedures.
- Best suitable for last-minute meal preparations.
- Surprise guest, do not worry. If you have this recipe handy, then the world is yours. Sorry, I'm a bit overwhelmed with this potato fry Indian recipe.
- It is very cost-effective because it is made with potato, fennel seeds, red chili powder, cooking oil, and no fancy, expensive ingredients.
- The availability of the ingredients is also simple to find here in the United States of America.
These are some of the few rice dishes that perfectly complement this potato fry.
I use the leftover potato masala fry for making a sandwich. Wish to hear how I did it? Well, it is as easy as you thought. Toast the bread, and reheat these Indian fried potatoes between two slices. Spread your favorite spicy sauce like sriracha sauce or tomato ketchup. Serve immediately.
Another intelligent way of using the leftover Indian potato fry is to use it as a stuffing for dosa. I cut the leftovers into small sizes and sprinkled potato and coriander leaves on the dosa. And serve hot. Everyone loves this tasty Indian potato recipe and repeatedly asks you to make it.
- Swap the cooking oil with coconut oil. Which makes it an authentic South Indian-style potato fry curry.
- If fennel seeds are not available to you, use cumin seeds instead. Which is equally flavorful, and both have medicinal properties.
- Add cauliflower florets to make it more quantity and easy for a crowd.
- Substitute red chili powder with cayenne pepper and paprika in this stir-fried potato.
- Add curry leaves, chopped garlic, and chopped coriander leaves. Anyone of these or all. Each ingredient has unique flavors, which would be great when combined.
- Add chopped garlic and fennel seeds, which gives an interesting flavor to this recipe.
- Slice potatoes yield the same taste lengthwise, but the potato fry curry looks even more significant.
- Cooking on a lower flame with more oil provides crispy, crunchy potatoes.
- The leftovers can be used for stuffing the sandwiches.
I often make other simple everyday menu veggie stir-fries that make my every day enjoyable days.
You may like other spicy stir-fries like,
Printable recipe card
Potato fry curry
- Peel potatoes and slice them slight thick.
- Over medium heat, in the pan add vegetable oil and fennel seeds. Wait till fennel seeds turn golden brown.
- Add red chili powder and salt. Stir and flip them occasionally.
- Cook until potatoes are done and coated nicely with the spices. Transfer to serving bowl.
- Now we are ready to try our golden pieces of potatoes. Serve as a side dish for rice.
Do not forget to check out another recipe of Potato Kurma, here in PepperBowl.