Spicy tofu steak is grilled, fabulous, and healthy appetizer. It's crisp outside and soft and creamy inside. Of course, it's vegan as well. Best to serve with vegetables, rice, or noodles. A great vegan substitution for meatless days.
Nowadays, I started exploring various dishes around the world and sharing some of them which I liked the most. The very common factors in all the recipes I have tried are calorie less and healthy.
And cheesy, calorie-rich recipes may not be found here as I'm not making it quite often in my kitchen.
It's kind of freezing outside at 45°F, made me grilling with the comfort coziness at my kitchen. I used a portable kitchen Grill for this recipe. But pan-searing is also perfect to make the tofu steak.
I used my own marinade for this spicy tofu steak, but that's fine if you are using any store-bought marinade as well.
Firm tofu is perfect for this recipe. Your local stores may carry this and may find it in the produce section. It may also be stored along with fresh mushrooms and carrots.
This spicy recipe is very easier to make, and are great for meatless days. Open the pack and drain the excess water and place it on a plate to get drained completely.
How to make spicy tofu steak
Cut them into bite-sized cubes. The perfect thickness would be half an inch thickness.
Pro tips: 1. For variations cut into lengths wise. 2. Want more creamy inside? increase the thickness of the slices.
Combine soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, cornflour, rice vinegar and make it like a flowing consistency paste.
Spread the marinade evenly to the sliced tofu. Be cautious as the tofu are tender and breaks easily. Let it get marinated for about 10-15 minutes.
Heat the grill to medium heat.
Spray cooking oil to the base of the grill.
Place the marinated tofu and spray cooking oil again.
Grill it for about 5 minutes on both sides or until your desired texture reached. Spray cooking oil in between if needed.
Serve Tofu Steak hot along with rice and steamed vegetables. If you are planning to serve as an appetizer serve with ranch or chili garlic dip.
Spicy tofu steak
- 2 cup firm tofu cubed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil for brushing
- Open the tofu pack.
- Place it in a wire rack for 10 minutes to drain the excess water completely.
- Cut them into bite-sized cubes.
- In a mixing bowl, add tofu cubes, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, and corn starch.
- Combine until the sauces coat the tofu cubes evenly.
- Set aside for 10-15 minutes to marinate.
- Heat the grill to medium heat.
- Brush vegetable oil to the base of the grill.
- Place the marinated tofu and brush gently with vegetable oil on the top.
- Grill it for about 5 minutes on both the sides or until your desired texture reached.
- Serve hot along with rice and steamed vegetables.