This Hibachi soup recipe is vegan and made with homemade vegetable broth.
It tastes heartwarming, soothing, and straightforward. It is best to be served before meals and can also be done as a midday meal.
Making the Hibachi soup recipe at home is cost-effective and makes us feel great by serving good food for our family.
Few in my family are not great lovers of vegetables and choose to avoid them, though they are healthy and tasty. And this soup is perfect for both vegetable lovers and non-lovers.
Though the commercial vegetable broth tastes great, I generally avoid and choose to make the vegetable broth from scratch at home.
If time does not permit you to make your vegetable broth, you may also use ready-made vegetable broth. But I would strongly recommend making it at home. And making at home is not that tedious job. All you need is fresh vegetables and that's it.
Sooner, I will develop a separate post for making vegetable broth with pressure cooker and slow cooker methods. Today, I made vegetable broth with the pressure cooker.
And it took around 30 minutes to extract vegetable broth. The experts suggest that the pressure cooking method retains all the nutrient values of the vegetables.
- You may use either store-bought vegetable broth or homemade. Both tastes are equally good in this Hibachi soup.
- You may use any vegetables for making the broth.
- Using seasonal and local vegetables is not only a healthy but also a cost-saving factor.
- Add water for about ⅔ of the level of a pressure cooker, but later, you may add water as per your requirement.
How to make Hibachi soup
In the pressure cooker, add all the cut vegetables and water for about ⅔ of the level of the pressure cooker. After 2 whistles, keep the flame in simmer and cook for about 25 minutes.
Let the pressure cooker cool down for 10-15 minutes. Open the lid, strain, and reserve the liquid.
In the serving bowl, add this liquid, salt and pepper, a tablespoon of shredded cabbage, and fried onion, and serve hot.
Other popular Asian recipes you may like,
- Spicy garlic edamame
- Spicy teriyaki sauce
- One-pot spicy Thai noodles
- Pan-fried wontons
- Cabbage Manchurian
Printable recipe card
- ½ cup celery stalk chopped
- 1 cup carrot
- 1 tablespoon ginger chopped
- 1 cup mushroom
- 1 cup green bean chopped
- 1 cups cabbage shredded
- 6 cups water
- ¼ cup fried onion optional
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon whole black pepper crushed
- Roughly chop all the vegetables.
- Reserve ½ cup of thinly sliced cabbage, carrot for later use.
- In the pressure cooker add chopped vegetables and water.
- In the high heat, cover the lid and cook for 2 whistles.
- Then low heat, cook for about 25 minutes.
- Let the pressure cooker to cooled down for 10 minutes.
- Open the lid, and strain the liquid.
- Transfer this to serving soup bowls.
- Add freshly shredded cabbage, carrot, fried onions, salt, and crushed black pepper.
- And serve hibachi soup hot.