Whenever we crave Chinese-style food, this spicy ramen noodles recipe hits the topmost. This manageable, simple vegan recipe gives me immense pleasure and pride that I brought home a delicious Chinese dish in under 30 minutes.
The flavors we have created in this recipe will make you fall in love with ramen noodles ever before. And the fact? this spicy ramen noodles recipe is heavenly, skinny, and light.
This vegan spicy noodle is spicy enough to your palette's capability. Adjust the sauce to suit your tolerance and love. The dish tastes extremely good at whatever may be the spice level. So feel free to adjust that is appropriate for your family's needs.
The bonding between Chinese food and the rest of the world is incredible(like this spicy Chinese chicken and spicy garlic noodles). And its flavors are getting popular every day, and our family is one among them hit by this tasty trend.
We are genuinely excited whenever we try Asian food at restaurants or whenever we make it at home.
About this recipe
The flavors and the tastes are always fresh and are a great feast for us. And when discussing the preparation work, this spicy ramen noodles recipe is almost nil.
If you have all the ingredients listed for this recipe handy, you are almost done. Just combine them one after the other. That's it; a homemade Asian feast is effortlessly ready in front of you.
Many of us postpone trying other cuisine recipes because of the recipe's requirements. But the excellent fact about the ingredients in this recipe-easily available in grocery stores anywhere in the United States.
I do not have any difficulty in finding these in Midwest states or Northeast states. So, the critical problem is solved; try making it home this week.
Why you should make this spicy ramen noodles recipe
- It is a super easy dinner to make without much strain.
- Skinny, not loaded with fat or cooking oil.
- The ingredients are easy to find.
- A hands-free, cozy dinner.
- Finally, a delicious one that you will always crave.
What are Ramen noodles?
The Ramen noodle recipe is a Japanese dish with Chinese wheat noodles. You may check wiki for a detailed history of its origination.
How to make spicy ramen noodles
First, assemble all the items on the kitchen counter. This spicy ramen noodles recipe is super fast and you may need it one after the other in quick intervals.
So keep everything ready before you head off for cooking. This tip may be simple, but it saves you from last-minute messes. This rule applies in general to all the recipes as well.
Ramen noodles. You may use instant ramen noodles or Chinese wheat noodles for making this spicy Asian noodles recipe. The type of noodles is a broad spectrum, and use whichever is available to you.
Edamame. Go for frozen shelled edamame, which is very convenient to use. You can use the leftovers for snacking or append to other Asian recipes. But this is optional; skipping this one will not ruin the recipe.
Soy sauce. Can we ever imagine an Asian recipe without Soy sauce? and it plays well in this dish as well. Dark or light soy sauce? Dark soy sauce is thick and has bold and intense flavors.
Light soy sauce is thin and rich and blends beautifully with the other added ingredients. I prefer to use creamy soy sauce for this dish.
Chili garlic sauce. An essential ingredient to make this dish spicy and hot, it also provides a pleasing red color. This store-bought sauce is loaded with vinegar and garlic.
This bundle of flavors is responsible for the spicy ramen noodle's taste and flavor. This is also available in a small container in any average grocery store.
Or you may also use sriracha sauce for more flavors. Instead, you may swap with Sriracha sauce, another good alternative to the Chinese chili paste.
But this option is super fiery hot. I do not want you to turn red; add a little quantity at a time after tasting.
And definitely, this is not to be substituted with red pepper flakes. Since these two are entirely different.
Green onion. The garnishing ingredient, the fresh green onion, makes it refreshing in every sip unimaginably. Gives a professional chef's touches to the bowl of spicy ramen noodles recipe.
Soy sauce. It has sodium and balances all the ingredients together. It also brightens up the whole dish with a teaspoon of sauce.
Zucchini and broccoli. Vegetables like zucchini and broccoli pair nicely well in any Asian-style recipes. We like this combo well and feel free to choose your favorite vegetables that fit this soup recipe.
Cook the noodles and vegetables. Over medium heat, add broth to a pan. Combine ramen noodles and vegetables. Cook until the ramen according to the package's instructions.
Add the flavors. To the same mixture, add soy sauce, chili, and garlic sauce, and stir until all the ingredients combine.
Garnish. Transfer it to individual serving bowls. Garnish by sprinkling chopped green onion.
Serve. Serve hot. Choose flat-surfaced bowls for servings; this makes the dish cool as we eat.
The pro tips
- The vegetables would be crisp and perfect if it cooked for about minutes over medium heat. If your noodle's package instructions call for more cooking time, add the vegetables when noodles have 4 more minutes for cooking.
- This recipe is to bring down the processing and cooking time. When making for a crowd, cook the ingredients separately and assemble them at the final stages.
- The heat of the chili paste varies with the brand. Therefore, test and taste are preferred before adding the amount specified in the spicy ramen noodles recipe.
- If your spicy ramen noodles turn salty, then squeeze a lemon. This will neutralize the salt and enhances the noodle's taste.
- When you feel ramen noodles are super spicy, add a blob of butter or coconut milk, which can greatly compensate for the heat.
- Alternatively, to balance the hot, add a teaspoon of brown sugar. This balances and enhances the taste of this spicy ramen recipe.
- Add the noodles when the broth starts boiling. This makes the noodles to stay in their shape without being soggy.
- Once the noodles start boiling, use a fork to separate them.
- Add rice vinegar for more authentic Chinese flavors.
- Drizzle a few drops of roasted sesame oil for the original Chinese taste.
Siracha sauce. Substitute this for chili paste to super spicy sriracha ramen noodles. This is fiery hot, a little is more here. So add it to choose your preference. If you like spicy food possibly you could like this variation.
Ramen Noodles Soup. Increase the quantity of the broth to make it serve as soup.
Hot sauce. Are you a huge fan of hot sauce? then replace the chili paste with hot sauce. But the taste varies from the original one, but this variation would be awesome for spicy ramen noodles recipe.
Chicken. Cook chicken in the broth to serve chicken ramen soup. Alternatively, use grilled chicken or meat to the dish.
How to store the leftover and reheat
You store the leftover ramen noodles soup in the airtight container in the refrigerator or in the freezer for use after a while. The refrigeration helps us to use 4 days from cooking. The freezers can help us to store the dish for about 3 months.
This is a freezer-friendly recipe. So you can make in large batches and store in individual pouches. You can reheat whenever needed.
To reheat, add to a pan and bring it to boil in medium heat. You may also microwave in the microwave-safe bowl for about 3 minutes which is depends on the size of the quantity.
- Tomato paste soup
- Delicious Asian style tomato soup
- Indian vegetable soup with Instant pot
- Roasted red pepper tomato soup
- Spicy tortellini soup
- Soup recipes
Printable recipe card
Spicy ramen noodles recipe
- ½ cup edamame shelled
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup zucchini slices
- Blanch shelled edamame, broccoli florets, and zucchini. And set aside.
- In a pot add 2 cups of water(or vegetable broth) and stir in ramen noodles.
- Cook according to the noodle's package instructions.
- In the same pot, add soy sauce, chili garlic sauce and switch off the flame.
- Add blanched vegetables.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion.
- Serve hot.